Please can I have...

...this car.

Thanks

Reply to
getbent

They have built one or two tidy motors.

And they aren't far from where I live.

If I ver get a Prelude VTEC, I may just call in.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Cool, I'm in WA3 :)

Reply to
getbent

If it were RWD I might be interested. FWD not my cup of tea at all.. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

MMMMM wish i could be mature enough for such dream jap crap :)

Reply to
Vamp

Cool, we're having a Warrington love fest!

Reply to
spam

Oh , I know it's not a proper car. But I love the VTEC smack, it's addictive.

Reply to
spam

Lol, you should stick to a Honda Logo for a while ;)

Reply to
spam

Why? - it's a Honda Civic.

You could buy a proper car for £12k.

Reply to
SteveH

WA2

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Aye, big up the WA2 massif.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Holler!

Reply to
getbent

I love the smack that the VTEC gives you. It's different. And I imagine with a supercharger giving it another 100bhp it will be a whole lot of fun. I had an Accord Type-R a few years ago and loved it, luckily someone else was paying for the fuel. I was getting about 240 miles to a full tank. O_O

Reply to
getbent

In message , "-=D@n=-" writes

I wonder how much less distinctive it is with a supercharger. There are some dyno charts for supercharged VTEC engines here:

It looks as if the main effect is to mask the effect of the VTEC cam change point. Can't see the point myself. The point of the CTR is the love it or hate it engine and gearbox, the rest of it is pretty average. Modifying it so that it behaves more like a non-VTEC engine seems like a waste of time, you'd be better off buying a Golf GTi or Impreza and chipping that instead.

In any case, 300bhp and front wheel drive? The standard CTR puts the power down well in the dry so long as you have a little sensitivity, but

300bhp (which practically speaking you're only ever going to see on the road in second and maybe third gear)?
Reply to
Steve Walker

Yeah well, when you look at it with a reasoned and mature approach like yours then it does seem a bit pointless.

But, I wouldn't mind a go in this:

getbent

I hankered after a Vtec until I test drove a Civic Aerodeck 1.8 Vtec. Was fast, engine was nice (but virtually useless on real world roads), but I couldn't live with the rest of the car, dull, dull, dull. I couldn't put my finger on what exactly was dull, the vehicle just oozed dullness! Same day, same forecourt, I tried a yr newer Legacy Estate with base engine (2litre) and 'family' spec suspension, it was quite slow off the line as you'd imagine, however the rest of the car made up for it. So much much more cohesive, complete, interesting and of course theres the pure understated sound of that boxer engine which hadn't been amplified a hundred times by some farting tin can backbox.

Ken

Reply to
Ken

i like amplified scoobs :(

Reply to
Vamp

second? third? not if you'r me but meh look where that's got me :)

Reply to
Vamp

300horse FWD 'taint nuthn'
?id=110
?id=30 And they are all "Old" cars driven by "Old" men, not something for young kids with halfway decent reactions.
Reply to
NeedforSwede2

WA14 here ( we be in trafford) Derek

Reply to