Possible to add Air con to car?

This is probably a ridiculous question, but I just wondered; is it possible to add Air Conditioning to a car that doesn't have it?

I've got an ancient, but very nice VW and it would be great to sort out that one deficit!

TIA

Reply to
CM

You can get aftermarket systems fitted for about 2k. Or if the car was available with AC from new, find one in a scrappy and get all the bits. But it's likely to be a *lot* of work involving probably changing the dashboard. And an old system is likely to need lots replaced.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Depends on the project car and donar really.

I would certainly say older cars would be easier by a long shot, although DIY high pressure systems is never really a good idea

Reply to
REMUS

DONOR

NOT DONAR, DONNER, DONER OR DONNA. GOT IT?

Reply to
doki

Yes, but it's none trivial.

Aftermarket kits are available, Google is your friend :)

What car is it ? If it ever came with AirCon, then find one in a scrappy, and nick all the bits (just to give you a sense of scale, the Rover 620 TI with and without aircon, uses a different sump (!) and a different alternator...)

Reply to
Nom

Dude, almost anything can be added to a car that doesn't have it - if you're prepared to pay a lot of money for it.

Reply to
DervMan

how about donoir? donear?

dum dum dee doo....

Reply to
REMUS

Dude, like, yeah. Dude.

:)

Reply to
Nom

Yes but it's not going to be cheap.

That's an Australian '63 KG with an aftermarket aircon unit.

Reply to
Depresion

I'm just having one of those "I'm struggling to interpret Charlie's Californian, so I'll just mimic her" days.

Reply to
DervMan

:)

Reply to
Nom

Sweet. Dude. What does mine say? Sweet. What about mine? Dude. Yeah but what does mine say? Sweet whatabout mine? Dude Yeah, but what does it actually.......

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

whatever :)

Reply to