princess 4 pots

ok, someone enlighten me as to how I'm supposed to bleed them

well, at least I THINK they're princess 4 pots there are 5 holes for pipes and bleed nipples and stuff in them so it's all a bit "WTF is that for?" time

Reply to
dojj

be VERY carefull bleeding 4pots. Some require bleeding in a certain way...

with my old 4 pots i had to bleed in a certain order..

front left, back right, front right, back left.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

In article , snipped-for-privacy@dojj1.fsnet.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Hmm, if they are anything like the Skoda Rapid 4 pots, they had 2 pipes, and 3 bleed nipples, and I think you were supposed to bleed them top bottom middle, or bottom top middle, middle last or they were spongy as a spongy thing in a sponge bag at a sponge convention with Spongebob.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

there are 2 holes in the top then there are 2 more holes on the inside at funny angles and a further hole on the outside at another funny angle so that it seems to be only bleeding one pot anyone got pictures and diagrams or something? we don't even have pipes or nipples to fit so we need to get some proper detrails on how to get everything up and running

Reply to
dojj

In article , snipped-for-privacy@dojj1.fsnet.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Ouch try the classic car NG, they might be able to assist.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

like this?

't technology a wonderful thing :)it brings pron into out lives :)

Reply to
dojj

I wonder if they do a set that will fit under 13" wheels?

Reply to
Depresion

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, Depresion decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Yup, Princess 4 pots were a big conversion on 2.8i Capris, which had 13" wheels.

Reply to
Pete M

Ah. Sounds like SDI Vitesse. Dual circuit. Two inlet pipes, three bleed nipples.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , snipped-for-privacy@blue-nopressedmeat-yonder.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Some of the GT4 guys have been messing about with Scooby, AudiTT, and later GT4 discs, and Volvo, Princess and Brembo calipers and trying to sort out a front brake improvement.

Very popular caliper.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

In article , snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Yep, that is what I said, similar to Skoda 4 pots on the rapid and the Estelle 130, and just different enough from the Skoda 2 pots on lower spec estelles to annoy owners going up in the world.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

so the "princess" might be offputting if they were originally fitted to the vitesse then? wouoldn't they have been sourced from the same place though if they were both british owened companies?

Reply to
dojj

Quite possibly. Lucas-Girling supplied lots of parts to the british motor industry "back in the day".

And Skoda (or rather the Czech Government) did license Lucas electrical stuff to be made and improved upon by It's PAL electrical brand that was only ever used in Skoda and Tatra car (and tatra trucks). So maybe the braking system was Lucas-Girling based too, and again licensed. Sounds like a similar layout.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

There are two SD1 four pot calipers. Same pistons and seals, but one caliper is wider for vented discs. And is dual circuit. The 'ordinary' four caliper ones are much cheaper secondhand. I bought an excellent pair off Ebay and used the pistons in my vented ones - saving squids over the price of new pistons, which rust, being chrome plated.

I presume the Princess is dual circuit ventilated?

Most Leyland cars of that era used Lockheed brakes,IIRC. But I'm fairly certain things like master cylinders and slave cylinders were sourced from other makers too, but to the same design.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , snipped-for-privacy@dojj1.fsnet.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Can't see the pipes and nipples too well, but does

Help at all.

Oh and found

so you don't seem to be the only one having a problem, might be worth watching that thread for replies. I think these might be the other type that Dave Plowman mentioned rather
Couldn't find much more Sorry mate.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar