putting mitsubishi engine in cavalier

Hi. I am 16 years old. I am taking a 2000 Z24 cavalier and am going to attempt to put a 2.0L mitsubishi lancer evolution engine in it. I realize how hard this is goning to be but its going to be my show winner for the rest of my life. my question is, do any of you guys have any tips or knowlege about mitsubishi that might help me? I particularly need knowlege on the engine size, trany size and axle size. BUT EVERYTHING HELPS! thank you for any imput.

Reply to
ranger

You are REMUS's little brother AICMFPF Rob-a-like projects you always meant to start but never got round to.

I suspect that since this is UK group and GM never sold anything called Z24 or Cavalier in the year 2000 in this country, that you are not from round these parts.

From what I can google, a 3 door Cavalier looks a bit like what we might call a Vauxhall Calibra which they stopped selling here around

1997 or so. There is also a Vauxhall Cavalier which is largely the same car with 5 door hatchback and 4 door saloon bodies which GM stopped selling around 1996 or so.

I probably didn't help you much but that's at least somewhere to start. Both types of Vauxhall attracted people keen to do all sorts of engine modifications but people tend to keep it directly in the GM stable and I'm not sure how much similarity there is between the workings of a Lancer Evo and a Cavalier. Good luck.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I doubt it will work unless you have extensive experience on modifying chassis and engine mounts, custom sized drive shafts, custom gear linkages and being able to completely rewire the Cavalier.

Would you not be best dropping it into a standard Mitsubishi Lancer (i.e not an Evo)?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

No you're not

Reply to
Abo

Hope you have got LOADS of money!!! Insurance alone will be several thousand pounds.

Reply to
diy-newby

a) He's in the USA b) United States of Americanos trade in dollars.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

And insurance and even safety inspection maybe be optional in his state anyway.

Reply to
Elder

Hahahaha!

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Now there's a name from the past - did he do the decent goth thing, and kick the chair away in the end?

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk