putting mitsubshi engine in cavalier

Hi. I am 16 years old. I am taking a 2000 Z24 cavalier and am going to attempt to put a 2.0L mitsubishi lancer evolution engine in it. I realize how hard this is goning to be but its going to be my show winner for the rest of my life. my question is, do any of you guys have any tips or knowlege about mitsubishi that might help me? I particularly need knowlege on the engine size, trany size and axle size. BUT EVERYTHING HELPS! thank you for any imput.

Reply to
ranger

WHY? I understand that as a 16 year old you might have a lot of time on your hands and cavalier with a busted engine and mitsubishi with a busted body, but other than those circumstances I cannot think of why one would even bother.

With both being FWD cars it's going to come down to how the body/chasis of the two cars are layed out and if they are even close to being compatible. You could quickly find that the only way the mitsu engine fits causes the drive shafts not to line up with the wheels.

Unless the stars are aligned you'd probably have an easier time putting a V8 in that cavalier and making it RWD.

Reply to
Brent P

Car is Life,

bigty

I am sure anything can be done, but this seems like a waste to way too much time and money.

Reply to
jfrancis311

This sounds like an excellent way to make a so-so car truly bad.

Have you checked out reliability/longevity reports on Mitsubishi engines over the last couple decades?

I'd personally vote for selling the whole mess and buying a Subaru WRX STi if you are into the whole fast, small, and imported thing.

nate

Reply to
N8N