Random Thought - Meet

We should have another, and more people should show :-) Ideas / Abuse welcome!

I for one want a passenger ride in the Turbo Rangey...

Reply to
DanB

Yeah, I'd be up for that. I've only got a super-scabby old Golf ATM like, but what the hell..

mike p

Reply to
Mike P

Wasn't a trip up to Douglas's mentioned at Wetwang? Could always do Carlisle. I know a greasy spoon that's right next to J42 on the M6 and there's McDonalds just down from the truckstop at J44. Saying that though, would a certain Golf from dahn saaf make it up that far?

Reply to
Conor

Hehehe, I think we were talking about meeting at Knockhill for the Touring Cars which is in September rather than actually all piling into my house at once.

I'm not sure if the Golf you're thinking of - although it does now apparently have 2 coolant expansion bottle lids - will still be in Pete's posession by then.

I'm game for another meet, I like the idea of some sort of car theme though, like a round of BTCC, or some sort of car show though.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

It's not that quick at the mo. Boost is backed right off to preserve the gearbox...

I could be up for another meet, but it'd probably have to be a touch less "East Coast" than the last one..

Reply to
Pete M

Why not have it at one of our rounds at Rockingham? It's in the middle of the country so it's nice and central and the facilities there are good. You can use the transporter fridge for storing beer and pop and food. We'll probably have a BBQ going so maybe could use that?

Plus you'll get to see a fairly unprofessional racing team (4th in the championship last year though!) set the car up etc. And if anyone has a scanner I'll give you our radio frequencies so you can listen to muggins here tell Pete how not to drive a racing car.

Next couple of dates there are 20th April and 26th May. 26th May is the better day for machinery as we're supporting the British GT race there, and it's a bank holiday.

Reply to
Abo

Must admit I'm considering going to Rockingham next week, because I've never been, because the BTCC looks good this year, and because I'm sure there'll be (or should be) some memorial to David Leslie at the meeting.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I could follow him in mine with a few spare coolant tank caps..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Because it's in the arse end of nowhere, verging on being in web-foot land.

No, it's not.

It's hell to get to unless you live on the eastern side of the M1.

Silverstone is 'nice and central', it's also piss easy to get to from all the major motorways.

Reply to
SteveH

Bleh, you live in another country ;)

Corby is on the A43, same road as Silverstone! Just keep going up the A43

Reply to
Abo

I know, I pass the sign for it every couple of weeks.

It's far from central and the roads to get to it are s**te.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

somewhere down south you bunch of pussys! i wasn't sure if it was ideas and abuse or ideas or abuse so played it safe :)

Reply to
Vamp

Fuck going down south. 12 mpg makes that wayyy too expensive!!

Oulton Park Gold Cup anyone?

Reply to
Pete M

20mpg and going North aint too cheap either!!

Pah, how about bTTC @ Thruxton on 17th/18th May. I reckon I could do that in 2 gallons ;)

However Silverstone or Rockingham could also be doable from my point of view. And would be good to meet some of you monkeys.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Or Santa Pod, of course.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Need to find how to get tickets for Top Gear Live.

Reply to
Elder

hey if carl can get there i can surely, unless where doing it in may then i won't be about! unless you guys fancy a daytona florida meet?

Reply to
Vamp

A dual carriageway then 2-3 miles of wide SC A road?

Riight. Have you ever actually been to Corby?

Reply to
Conor

Yea I went from here to Rockingham last year - was easy, it's just off the A1.

Reply to
DanB

I was referring to Steve. ;p

I've passed Rock'ham a few times but never been there.

Reply to
Conor