Re: Aftermarket cruise control

> Is it something that can easily be retofitted?

> > Yes. > > > I have decided I really need it on the motorway to stop my > > speed creeping up into the triples! > > Tried concentrating ?

I expect its easily done if you don't own a Ti. :P

Reply to
Theo

I use the speedo, and concentration, and it worked even in the Lexus 430, which is a darned quiet car . . .

Think about three or four hundred quid - indeedy there's a section on cruise control in my website.

Reply to
DervMan

Cruise is great, you can eat, drink, read a book and not worry about getting done by speed cameras.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

But where do you find time for the phone calls?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Butchering the new car already? :P

Reply to
Doki

What car is it? Some newer cars can be upgraded to cruise control by the fitment of a control stalk and an ECU reprogram. My '03 Astra 2.0DTi has it now.... Most (Vauxhall, not so sure about others) cars with electronically controlled throttle valve (i.e no accelerator cable) can be treated the same as well. Some need a clutch pedal switch to be added. The diesel has this already.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

I really need to be able to sit at 60-70mph for the journey for fuel economy reasons, as I am about to be travelling about 25k miles per year. I don't really have the self discipline to do this, and having tried out the CC in the Merc I am now truely hooked

Reply to
Oliver Keating

Yah I remember reading about your one... cheers dervy

Reply to
Oliver Keating

Hands free kit of course - it's illegal (or soon will be) to use a hand held phone while driving don't ya know

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Get a endura powered Ka, problem solved. Or a reliant robin. Aint that right dervy ;-)

The Dervboy

Reply to
DervBoy

Nope on the first, probably on the second!

DervMan

Out of interest, if economy is an issue, why did you get a supercharged car? And if you wanted cruise, wasn't it an option - surely it would have been a whole lot less hassle as a factory option rather than getting it retro-fitted.

Just wondering....

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Werent you telling us last week about how economical this was. Comparable to a Micra i seem to remember? Ha. Fool - should have got a diesel (or kept the Micra)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Didn't they do this in France? I remember some Nissan chuff telling me that the Micra was so economical, it didn't need a diesel engine, so I proved otherwise . . . mwahahahahahah!

Heh.

Reply to
DervMan

Why a petrol car, never mind the supercharger bit, heh.

Although the MB supercharger disengages at a cruise to save fuel . . . neat cunning system . . .

Reply to
DervMan

I was just taking the pee. I know that the endura powered Ka can _indicate_ in excess of 100mph on the speedo. I think the indicated speed in your photograph (where you weren't on the public highway, guv) needs to be verified with a calibrated instrument though ;-)

The Dervboy

Reply to
DervBoy

I was talking about the LPG Ford Puma wrt to long distances. It already has

80k on the clock (from new), so I figure I may as well run it into the ground.
Reply to
Oliver Keating

I beleive in that particular photo he had a nitrous system fitted.

Dervy?

Reply to
Dan405

z> But now that I have played with CC for the first time I am truely addicted.

Absolutely. It's good, innit?

I fell in love with CC when I first used it on the Carlton - one button to accelerate, another one to back off - like you say, you can go for ages without using a single pedal. And Carlton's system is hardly the most advanced either.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yep, in Decemebrr they create a whole new class of criminal mastermind to be stamped out.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo