Re: Alloy wheel wanted - possibly a long shot

I don't suppose any of you know someone who has a 16" TSW Venom lying

> around unused? Peugeot fitment required, but I believe they share the same > bolt pattern as Fords (so I've been told).

Same PCD but the centre hole is smaller on the Ford fitment, ie Pug wheels will go on a Ford, but Ford wheels onto a Pug will need the centre machining...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Tony Bond (UncleFista) waffled thus:

Ah cool. Reckon I can sort that

Reply to
Abo

But they will still need a lot more machining to make them nice to look at.

Reply to
Depresion

Do the bolts or the centre take the weight of the car? I assumed that the centre does as it is a close fit. Would you get problems if the centre hole were oversize?

Pete

Reply to
Peter Chant

According to popular theory on locostbuilders, both take the weight, although on a car as light as a locost most people feel safe with just the bolts taking the weight. On a normal car you can buy inserts for the centres so that they fit properly.

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

DanTXD waffled thus:

They *were* free

Reply to
Abo

The centre should take the weight, it's not just the weight though, there are bending and shear forces placed on the bolts due to potholes, etc if the centre bore isn't the correct size. If the spigot ring isn't the right size then sufficient force could bend or shear the bolts. Bolts are primarily designed to withstand tensile loading while clamping components together. You might get away with it but is it worth losing a wheel over?

Reply to
Homer

and now you know why :)

Reply to