Mystery wheel

Morris Minor?

Reply to
Stuart

Measure the PCD & we might be able to help (Looks like it came off an an old BMC van to me but without dimensions it's difficult)

Reply to
DuncanWood

Morris Minor, probably. They certainly had those studs for mounting the hub-cap.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Brumby

Anybody care to identify what car this wheel might have come from?

Clues are:

  • rear wheel drive
  • leaf-spring suspension
  • enclosed live axle
  • narrow vehicle - approx 5' wide?
  • steel wheel trim
  • drum brakes
  • very old - seventies or earlier

Answers on a postcard please...

Darren

P.S.

I couldn't care less what it came from but I need to find two (newer) wheels which will fit the hubs. In case you're wondering, 'whatever it was' became a home-made trailer which I've recently acquired...

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

Standard 8, just a silly guess that is different.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

If it's a 14" wheel, I'd say it's almost certainly off a late 50's early

60's Morris Minor. Later MM's had the hub cap locaters incorporated on the wheel centre pressing, doing away with the three buttons shown in the pic. Apart from that, all MM wheels are interchangeable. Mike.
Reply to
Mike G

Only three studs on my Standard 8.

Reply to
""manx.exile "

Forgot to mention - it's a 13" wheel with 135x13 tyres (IIRC).

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

Oops, I did it again. Since it became a trailer, the wheels could have come from a small pick-up. An Austin 30?

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Austin A30-5. Maybe A40. What car it came from, was your original question. Without knowing the PCD of the bolt holes, or the dia of the central location, the best anyone can suggest is a troll through the stack of wheels that many breakers have. AFAIR though.MM wheels and A30-5 wheels, have the same hole PCD, and centre hole diameter, so a pair of either should fit Mike. .

Reply to
Mike G

Reply to
Richard Murphy