Re: been to court

judge now says I cut him up and have to pay out £3k and no, I couldn't use

> the witness statements

Isn't that covered by your insurance?

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

How come?

LOL.

Reply to
Conor

it is covered by the insurance BUT they pay out now and my no claims that I've built up over the past few years gets knocked NOW not back then :(

Reply to
dojj

because it's been so long, no one could get hold of the witnessess at this time, who knows, they moved, died, went to prision, didn't want to answer their phones, who know what could have happened in 5 years, and because they weren't there in person to rememerb things from 5 years ago, the judge said he wasn't going to take their written statements into account

the guy who hit me admited he didn't see me until 50 yards before he hit me (on a 1/4 mile slip road thats a bit of a problem me thinks) admited i wasn't going as fast as he was, admited that the evidence that he had subnited as we were walking into the judges chambers was flawed (it was a diary that showed where he had been and where he was going to on that day, he's a chuaffer) admited that he wasn't driving any faster because he knew there was a speed camera coming up further down the duel carriageway, admited that he couldn't tell how far up onto the dual carriageway he was when the accident happened (he said it happend ON the slip road section but it actually happened 200 yards up the dual carriageway) and even wrote on his witness statement that he couldn't rememebr the circumstances of the accident as it was so far back in history as well as saying i had lost control of my car when "I" hit "HIM" how do you lose control of a 4wd car doing 40 mph on a straight bit of road? my counsel ripped his tales apart on every account and the judge STILL said it was my fault for driving into him ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Reply to
dojj

You will only get knocked back 2 years, you wont loose it altogether, so you will probably be better off, because you have had 5 years of insurance at a better discounted rate than if the claim had gone through at the time.

Reply to
SimonJ

Appeal - seriously.

And... why the WWF ng?

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

the barrister said it would be financial suicide

because i'm in the apww hall of fame :) and if it wasn't for someone in there telling me about the news server i'm currently on, i wouldn't be posting at all :)

Reply to
dojj

Conor ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I can't help feeling there's a bit more to this, as well...

Reply to
Adrian

SimonJ ( snipped-for-privacy@mine.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

IF he's got protected NCB.

Reply to
Adrian

sounds about right - I tried to appeal a motor case on abuse of process. Great way of quadrupling the costs of the case.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

If he has (or had at the time of the claim) protected NCB he wont be knocked at all. AFAIK, all insurance companies only remove 2 years no claims for the first claim.

Reply to
SimonJ

The message from RichardK contains these words:

Couldn't you just threaten to take your overdraft elsewhere?

Reply to
Guy King

They all charge > £30 (HBoS, £39) for the honour of returning a direct debit or s/o unpaid. Not paying it, mind, going into extended overdraft, but simply NOT paying it.

Final straw was £9 available in that account, PayPal for £10, bounced with £39 charge (and of course, PayPal paid from another account manually). Later in the day they credited the account with the money I paid in...

...and refused to refund the charge.

Now, a charge for unauthorised O/D I can tolerate. A charge for paying an item, I can understand. But the highest charge they impose, for declining a transaction? The instant the "unfair charges" legal information broke I couldn't start going over six years, of three accounts, fast enough.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I hope you win. Since their charges are based on automatic systems, rather than a little man manually typing out the letter, they're way too high, and the sooner this changes the better.

(Bank tried to give me two charges totalling about 60 quid a few months back. First one was refunded over the telephone, second by talking to the manager, who also gave me an authorised overdraft so if I made the same mistake again (cheque for a little more than I had) it wouldn't cost anything but interest. Now if only they'd done that automatically, it would have saved us all hassle...)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

The best one I had was with the Co-op Bank. They charged me for going overdrawn on the day my salary was paid in. When I queried it they said that they took the withdrawals out before adding in the deposits/payments. So I was overdrawn for the time it takes a computer to calculate a spreadsheet. They did back down pretty damn quick I can tell you.

Reply to
Malc

--=20

--- Please add "newsgroup" in the subject of any personal replies ---

--- My anti-spam address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ---

Reply to
Colin Wilson

got a cc bill through paid it when the next one came through it showed that there was a £25 late payment charge on it (included in what i had paid) i asked what that was for and they said it was because i hadn't paid the month before so if i hadn't paid the moneth before why did they wait 2 months before asking me to pay? and even then charging me sneakily by sending me a letter saying "you owe us £64 pay us or we will send round the baliffs" when £25 of that was the late payment fee? if i had the bill i would have paid it, but inbetween you sending me the bill, which i didn't get, and you sending me the threating letter (3 months) you've made me pay the charge what you should have done was sent me another bill with the charge on which i would have contested

what they did was gave me a refund, but onto the credit card :/

Reply to
dojj

This was actually on the radio yesterday, although about credit card late payment charges rather than bank charges, but apparently the office of fair trading or whoever are about to force banks to lower their maximum charge to £12. Banks are complete bastards anyway, they control 97% of the money supply, without actually having much money themselves comparatively, and still screw you over with these charges.

Reply to
Tom Robinson

Even 10 years ago when I was learning computing they said that banks always calculate the deposits before the withdrawls, to avoid just this problem. Seems the co-op people weren't in the same class.

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

Yup seems the Nationwide were missing from this class too, I had a fight last month when the same thing happens to me they said the rule is debits before credits.....

Reply to
Tim Anderson