Re: Cyclist scratching car

He apparently does.

-dan

Reply to
Daniel Barlow

i find it depends on the roads.

Had a white van man pull out rather close to me, today zero traffic behind, simply misjudged my speed I would guess since at that point I was clipping along quite nicely, I undertook rather than stomp on the brakes, and passed him as he was still hadn't quite made the turn, I could hear him for a little while after but inspite of reving the guts out the engine seemed to drop behind if any thing.

I think people are rather poor at judging speed/distance looking at the number of folk who seem to ram hampton court roundabout including at least one car that managed to end up rocking back and fore, on the wall...

I'd love to know how that was explained!

I don't filter at any speed, so I don't mind either way, though I like to over rather than under but does depend on the sight lines etc.

roger

Reply to
Roger Merriman

Is it the clause that says that filtering is OK?

I have never found it.

Reply to
Judith M Smith

examples?

Reply to
Judith M Smith

And it does not say that you can create a new "lane" at the LHS of a vehicle just to overtake it.

Reply to
Judith M Smith

The road in question does require a wide swing to get round otherwise you end up on the wrong side of the road, keeping slightly right makes ot easier to get the turn.

Debacler

Reply to
The Debacler

According to NuDuhgLogic, the smaller party is more vulnerable, and therefore blameless... so, in the event of fisticuffs, two scenarios can occur:

  1. The erstwhile cyclist is smaller than the erstwhile motorist: EM knocks seven shades of hell out of EC and EM is happy, but In The Wrong (according to NuDuhgLogic) because EC has "lost"
  2. The erstwhile motorist is smaller than the erstwhile cyclist: EC knocks seven shades of hell out of EM and EC is happy, but In The Wrong (according to NuDuhgLogic) because EM is smaller than EC and so EM MUST be blameless...

We *told* you Duhgs pointy head would explode.....

:o)

Reply to
Ian

If you are keeping left, there should not be room to undertake. (Same principle as MLOC complaining about being undertaken on a motorway)

Reply to
Ian

No, not really. It means when there is a "queue" of traffic, and the left lane is moving faster than the right lane, you can keep up with traffic flow without changing lane. Rather different to one cretin in the lane ahead of you blocking you when it's clear everywhere else. I've undertaken people like that in the past..

Define "queue"...... it could be argued that a single vehicle is a "queue". :o)

Also: on a dual carriageway, it could be getting ready to turn right (maybe even miles ahead!!). Other traffic having regard to its road positioning might be justified in coming to that conclusion.... so you CAN "undertake" it.

Far better to drive on the left except where moving to the centre of the road is actually part of a proper manoevre.

Reply to
Ian

In this case, I take a "queue" to be an equal amount of slow moving traffic in both (or more) lanes... not just a line behind one cretin..

================== But your interpretation, the law's interpretation, and a copper's interpretation, could all be decidedly incongruent..... ;o)

Reply to
Ian

Agreed. Pity they don't, though. Too much like hard work.

Reply to
Ian

Doesn't say you cannot ever do so, either.

Reply to
Ian

Not possible when there are cycle lanes to the left of course.. The cyclists who insist on overtaking on the right,are making their own rules up when it suits them,because the vast majority of cycle lanes are on the left.

Bod

Reply to
Bod

Agreed.

Reply to
Ian

I got that one!!!

Reply to
Ian

Where did I say it did, you drooling cretin?

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Well, quite..

Reply to
Mike P

It is also:

KNAT-TV is a religious television station in Albuquerque, New Mexico. (I watch it all the time) :-)

Bod

Reply to
Bod

To create 'another lane'(making 3 lanes)would surely take quite a while and cost a lot of money. :-)

Bod

Reply to
Bod

But after the end of all that would E=3DMC^2?

McK

Reply to
McKevvy