Re: New Impreza WRX

"Me" wrote in news:SX3ch.303211$ snipped-for-privacy@fe04.news.easynews.com:

Anyway, let the Missus have a spin when I got it home and after she'd > stalled it twice and had a five minute run round the block she says > "it's not as fast as I thought it would be" >

Heh, has she wound the revs up enough, or is she like mine, changing up far too early. :-)

Reply to
Tunku

Well she is used to driving a Nissan Micra 1.0e, that could be the problem...

Reply to
Me

"Me" wrote in news:HSich.321867$PE1.305365 @fe04.news.easynews.com:

Werl, you know what to do, passenger her, let her get into third on a suitable road and tell her to floor it and leave the gear stick alone till you tell her.

Reply to
Tunku

Perhaps. On the other hand, maintain the illusion..?

Reply to
DervMan

Yes, very tempted to do that - I dont think she's actually changed gear above 2k rpm, as for actually putting the pedal to the floor....

Yes, I'll go with that, definately the safer option!!

Reply to
Me

Sounds reasonable, cars that go hard invariably stop hard.

More power is a *want*, not a need :)

Heh, wait until she gets it on the open road.

What did you have before, incidentally ?

Reply to
Lordy.UK

I fail to see the difference :-)

Reply to
Iridium

Come to think of it, managing to get 20K from a set of WRX front discs either means some mpg-watching freak like me has used the car (so it'll be all seized up like) or they're lying and these brakes have been on for just a little bit.

For some people it's too tempting, though.

Reply to
DervMan

A (51) Vectra SRi 150, so as you see quite a difference in power. The Vectra was OK, but at the end of the day was still a Vectra..

On a whim fancied something a little more exciting to drive!

Reply to
Me