Re: NEW MR2 humiliated!

I was gonna say, its not as if it could have been worse is it...

I found out the other day the 206 can do the whole lift off oversteer thing as well...

:-D

Reply to
DanTXD

Pah, if I try any of that malarky, the ESP just puts the brakes on :)

I've actually started switching it off on the home-from-work run now - when you get to the bendy bit on the A165, it likes to stick the rear-brakes on everytime you go-light over a crest. And when you're in "light mode" (ie, no grip whatsoever) and perfectly setup for the corner over the crest, then a sudden reduction in speed is a very bad thing !

Reply to
Nom

sorry. You can call the Peugeot 106 many things but "forgiving" is not one of them. It's fast, it's fluid, it's fun and it also bites your hands off if you have to lift off or brake mid-way around a corner. It makes the Ka feel like your best buddy when it does it.

lets face it, you like your Ka!, seen your site its your bag, i like the 106, others like what they drive, like my gran she likes her GSI.

No. There are a huge number of "fast" drivers that are not "good" drivers. And a bunch of "slow" drivers that are "good" drivers. Speed is irrelevant.

wally on the public roads either. I've seen what "Fast" "Bad" driving can do. Last year on a return journey home on the M23 from the London to Brighton Mini run i witnessed first hand what this sort of driving can do. A BMW flipped over the barrier about 200 meters in front of us and sliced a jeep in half killing two. The 5 occupants in the BMW died instantly, others were injured in the other cars involved. ITS A VERY SOBERING thing to witness and i hope i never do again.

The total point i was trying to make, and i may be wrong, but the chap in the corsa was missing the point of a MR2, its a roadster 2 seater soft top, sunny day cruiser, MR stands fro MIDSHIP RUNABOUT.. "RUNABOUT" not Mid Engined Racer! the Corsa is a hot hatch the 106 is classed as a super mini and the KA.all of which are smaller cars propbably lighter to i know the 106 is around 900kgs with only 18-20bhp less than the MR2 which i think is around 138bhp. IT and the corsa will keep up pretty much in a straight line with each other and the MR2 especially as its 0-60 time is quoted as 8secs, i aint got a clue about the KA, its a funky looking thing not to all tastes and far as i can tell from the one i drove it had a 1.3 as was quite fun and i can only gather the Silverstone edition is/was a nippy little number to. ANY fron wheel drive car will give a certain amount of lift off oversteer as far as im aware (again i may be wrong) cars such as the CAV sri, Honda civics, Clios, Fiats what ever, my fiesta, uno turbo, and 205gti all had the same thing, liftoff over steer and were all terrible and great in some way or another. Its just my opinion that the

106 Git does it better than the older Corsas, cant say about the new ones as i have not driven one.

A the end of the day the Corsa guy was just miffed because someone else had a more exspensive, possibly newer car than him, i not saying better but more exspensive, hell if i had 18k to blow on a car it probably would not be an MR2 either or a KA or even a 106 Gti (my girlfriends car) i have no idea cause i dont have 18k to burn and if you do the good luck to you.

Reply to
HAHAHA..Whatevermate

MR stands fro MIDSHIP RUNABOUT..

I never assumed it stood for Mid Engined Racer at all, more like Mid-engine Rear wheel drive 2 (two wheel drive) MR2, much like 6r4 and 6r2.

Reply to
Theo

Well... erm...

No I can't think of a way either. When the Nova was introduced into the UK in 1983 it was above average in the handling and ride department.

Ten years later when the Corsa was introduced, it couldn't even match the sub-standard mark three Fiesta, and anything with a French or Rover badge rang rings around it.

Good order. Kermit is somewhat snapper these days, but the limits are at stupid speeds really...

Reply to
DervMan