Re: Someone Whacked my car

Insurance are being gay as because I didnt take out legal protection

> I have to pay my excess and will not get it back, unless I claim from > her personally. She just drove off btw after putting my car on the curb :)

Why would *you* have to pay excess for a claim that will result in *her* insurance paying out money ?

Reply to
Lordy

Tell me about it mate, that's exactly what I said to them on the phone....

I cant claim from her insurance as I dont know it, I have her reg and 3 good witnesses, who came and told me she done it, so I don't know if I want to get her done for driving away from the scene of an accident or not, but I dont have alot of choice.

BTW legal protection, that extra 20 quid thing covers the insurance company to claim back you 300 quid excess in the event of it being the others persons fault.

I am amazed that I have to persue the claim to get my excess back even if she is at fault, my insurance company will not do this, I have too.

Ron

Reply to
Ron

It's not massive damage, but I look after my car religously :)

Ronny

Reply to
Ron

^^^^ This is why you haven't been laid in a very long time.

Not that anyone would want to anyway.

Cheers. Rachel

Reply to
Rachel

Ah - I misunderstood what you said - when you mentioned that it would be coming from her insurance, I sort of assumed you had her insurance details, didn't realise she'd done a runner. Cheeky cow.

If I were you, as it's not the sort of damage that renders the car undriveable, I'd write to the DVLA with her reg no (might help if you get the witnesses to each do a statement and sign it, and include them as well), requesting her details, explaining that your insurance company won't do this for you as you haven't got legal cover. I would have thought this would count as a valid reason for requesting someone's details. Then write to her, giving her 7 days (or whatever) to contact you with her insurance details, or you shall take further legal action (including doing her for driving away from the scene of an accident). That should do the trick, and then you can just do things through her insurance.

That's my 2p worth anyway.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Just goes to show why you bitch's should'nt have a licence in the first place Rachel, and haha don't you be worrying about my love life, Especially as 1 in 5 of women under 25 have an STD...

Ron

Reply to
Ron

I'm sure you found out that statistic first hand. Also I'm not going to lower myself to your level by having a fight over sexism. Simply no point trying to have a discussion with someone who has more brawn than brains.

(and not nice brawn either...)

Reply to
Rachel

Thats where your wrong lordy, I thought exactly the same, but the process of reclaiming the 300 excess has to be done by there solicitor, even if the other party admitt fault, any work that has to be done by there solicitor is classed as legal work and hence needs legal protection, I had a right row with a guy this morning about how legal cover I thought covered out of pocket legal expenses up to a certain value but normal "insurance" work is what I pay Fully comp insurance for...

I thought legal insurance helped you when you had a no insurance claim, ie the other person had no insurance etc, but thats not the case, at least in ESURE's eyes.

So I will not lose my no claims they have told me, as long as the women excepts liabillity, which she will have too as I have 2 independant witness's,

Nope, this is whether I claim of mine or hers..

Phone your insurance company and ask them,

Ron

I had a Daewoo Matiz on hire recently. I had actually asked for an Opel Agila - I needed something very small to fit through the narrow streets on a town in Italy but witht he possibility of altering the seat layout to take "quite a bit" of DIY stuff to save frequent trips to the builder's yard. Needless to say the Matiz wasn't what I expected or TBH of much use (had to put the back seats down just to get a suitcase in the boot).

During my stay it hailed and the Daewoo was written off by hail. The hailstones punched great big dents (cricket ball sized) into every panel of the bodywork. Other cars on the street were affected, but nothing looked as bad as the Daewoo did. The Matiz seems to be made of extremely thin, soft steel. I wouldn't like to be in an acident in one.

BTW, warning to anyone reading and thinking of hiring a car via Avis or Hertz, check the insurance carefully. Despite having paid for the "highest possible cover" on the car, we faced a £1200 excess charge for the damage. We have just concluded discussion via our mutual lawyers and that charge has disappeared since the damage was nothing to do with me, but someone with less fierce legal representation (I used a barrister regarded as the best in Italy to present my case) may not have been able to carry the case on the day.

Reply to
Steve Firth