Re: Stereos and Steering Wheel Controls

I've just put a new stereo into my 94 Xantia, it's a Panasonic CQRDP383 >

> The wiring was just a case of pluging the ISO plugs on the car loom into the > ISO sockets on the stereo leads. > > The stereo lead has a single wire which is for "remotes". The car has a 10 > pin 'ISO' plug on it which is for the steering wheel controls. Does anybody > have any idea what sort of adapter I need to connect the two (i.e. a single > wire on the stereo to a 10 pin 'ISO' connector on the car, and where I can > get such an adapter from? > > I've seen that there are adapaters available for other cars / other stereos > (Autoleads have an extensive/expensive range
e.g. Sony, but I haven't got any documentation for the connector on thecar > or for the "remote" wire on the stereo loom.

Autoleads are the peeps to speak to - phone em up and ask.

Reply to
Nom

Hang on, you mean it's just a wire ? Not a socket/plug ?

In that case, it's the remote-signal wire, to turn on your amp/electric-ariel/whatever.

Only a scant few Headunits have remote control inputs - yours isn't one of em.

Reply to
Nom