Re: tale of woe on my saab 9-5 prt 2 opinions please

Sounds like consequential damage to me...If the hub was that loose before,

> then it would have been slopping all over the splines of the driveshaft. > Swearing at him is good for venting ones spleen (i've done it many a time), > but you should give him the chance to fix it. If he refuses, try and get > the AA/RAC involved (assuming you're a member), or possibly trading > standards BEFORE taking it anywhere else. If another person touches the > car, you've got no recourse with Mr. Sloppy Apprentice. > You may need an independant inspection before any work's done by anyone > else. > >

Yep, all that sounds right. Give him a chance, and get it inspected before and after sounds bloody good advice. Then go else where after he has put it right. Don't lket him any where near that car again.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

saw him this morning. He has accepted liability for it and has a new cv coming from sweden tonight, in the meantime he's lent me his car which is a rather sad vaux cavalier estate with a blown exhaust no power steering and wheels that are so big they rub on the arches as you turn corners lol oh the joy.

jason.

Reply to
Jason o'connor

Good to see that he is sorting it. I would have demanded a decent hire car.

Still, how much nicer will the Saab seem after you have got out of them Cavalier when you take it back.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

? sweden ? I'm sure local auto factors would have them on the shelf.

Reply to
Theo