Bulletproof Bumpers and my sad tale of woe.

I ordered my bumpers back in March. A CJ front bumper and a rear bumper and tire and jerry can carrier and two receiver hitch license plate brackets. Was told they would be here in 10 days.

Two weeks later I got a front bumper.

Two weeks after that I called and asked where the rest was. He said they would be here in a week.

Several weeks later, middle of May, I called again. This time I was told they were out of CJ bumpers and they were expecting them in any day now and I would have mine by Memorial day (end of May).

Middle of June I called again, pissed. This time he doesn't have any idea who I am or why I'm angry and that I must have ordered from the previous company (Bulletproof doesn't actually exist anymore). I explain that I have spoken to him so many times that I can now recognize his voice and that I have a partially filled order of his product at my house bolted to my Jeep. He still doesn't know who I am, until I read him the invoice number. Oh! I remember you now! He says the bumpers are there now and he'll ship it out first thing in the morning, PERSONALLY.

Two weeks later. No bumper. I call and tell him he has ten days to get my product to me or I will make two calls, one to the Better Businees Bureau and the other to my Credit Card Company. He swears I'll have it in three days.

Nine days later. Most of the rest of the order arrives. I still have not seen the license plate brackets to this day.

No installation instructions. Just baggies of nuts, bolts, brackets and washers labled in a Doctor's style handwriting.

The rear bumper didn't fit. It required extensive trimming to work. No biggie that's how one builds a Jeep. But of the eight bolt holes in the rear bumper, only six were tapped. And of course they were the last two I tried to put bolts into during the install. Arrrg!

  1. Partial shipment.
  2. MONTHS of delay in the rest of shipment.
  3. Some of the oder STILL have not arrived.
  4. No instructions.
  5. Rear bumper did not fit. I still have yet to assemble the tire carrier, we'll see if at least it works.
  6. Mounting bolts not tapped. I guess the assembler simply went home in the middle of a piece.
  7. The salesman NEVER answers the phone.
  8. The online ordering system does NOTHING. I had ordered online back in JANUARY, online.
  9. He lost my order at least once.
Reply to
Jeepers!

SNIP

Reply to
thomas

Sounds typical of them to me.

Reply to
jbjeep

I'm sorry to hear that cause those guys make a pretty nice product. I'll take this opportunity to mention a friend of mine though... If you like the styling of Bulletproof, you owe it to yourself to take a look at:

I bought something like the 3rd Rokmen bumper sold and never had any issues with the product or the company. Dave is a top notch guy and bent over backwards to get me what I wanted. Their build quality is second to none and Rokmen is constantly improving their designs.

n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Don't know nada about the bumpers, but those mounting brackets are a work of art!

Nathan Otis wrote:

Reply to
thomas

Those are exactly like the ones Bulletproof sent with my bumper.

Don't get me wrong, Bulletproof Bumpers are excellent bumpers. It's the customer service (or lack therof) that will be their undoing (again). My only real issue with the manufacturer was the two untapped holes. It was maddening to try to get those last two bolts in! MADDENING I SAY, MADDENING!!! BWAAHHHHHAHAHAAH!

Reply to
Jeepers!