Re: transits are pretty fast! + my ramblings

some cab firm brought 3 ex rental transits from where i work today (why a

> cab firm wants transits i don't know) anyway had to drive in convoy down the > road with them, never driven a van in my life and these are HUGE! 02 reg'd > transits! it feels like i'm sitting on top of my MR2 which is on top of > another MR2, pretty high :) > > the transits we're big diesels engined ones, 2.2 or 2.4 something like that, > nothing in them of course but it scared me in how bloody quick these things > are! i got left behind at a roundabout and had to play catch up so took the > roundabout at a fair rate of knots and the handling is well good hehe.

We have T300 FWD Transits - 130bhp, ISTR.

Even with the fridge on them they still shift a bit - turn off the fridge and they fly.

(I once had one crossed up after taking a 'yump' diagonally, ended up on the wrong side of the road and could see the horror in the face of an oncoming car driver as I just managed to get it all back on track in time - thank god we don't have 'how's my driving?' stickers)

Reply to
SteveH

LMAO! bloody white van man! i can see why they drive like they do mind! white vans are well good fun :)

Reply to
Vamp

pah you think a trannys good fun

wait till you get behind the wheel of a lwb sprinter :)

Reply to
Rob

Merc vans are defiantly better than any other on the market in the fun to drive stakes.

Reply to
Depresion

They seem to have fitted a warp drive to them...

But 5th gear proved that a Transit is faster round a track!

Reply to
fishman