Vacation pics are up

For your viewing pleasure:

Both trails are located in central California, the Fordyce (Meadow Lake camp) is just north of I-80 east of Truckee and the Rubicon (Loon Lake camp) is just north of Hwy 50 east of Placerville.

Total damages to me and mine: Broken Pitman arm Broken pitman arm _again_ Purchased new pitman arm Rear sway bar link broke Popped out a rear spring Lost brakes when spring hit caliper and took line off Holes in both knees Hole in one hand Large hole in pocket book for fuel for the trip

- jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

** Posted from
**
Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

Great pictures! Would sure like to run the Rubicon some day.

Reply to
nrs

Yep. Didn't catch the second crack that formed when the first one broke. Glad it didn't cost you something more important.

J.E.E.P. Just Empty Every Pocket. :) You should know that by now. :P

Indeed.

I'd be carefully checking all the linkages for any other cracks. Especially where the PS rack mounts to the frame.

Reply to
DougW

where the PS rack mounts to the frame.

Good point. Most of the steering components are new. PS box is less than 1yr. Its skidded and braced.

I am thinking about taking it to one of the fab shops and leaving it for a couple of weeks. I have a list of stuff that needs to get done including the ram, limiter straps to replace the rear swaybar, new pitman arm (slightly shorter), brakes (just needs bleeding I think), one motor mount needs replacing, and a few other things.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

Great pics Jenn! How come we never get to see YOUR smiling face in any of them? ;¬D Looks like some pretty big rocks you were traveling along up there. Sorry to hear that you broke your Jeep.

We managed to get through our long weekend at Superlift with only a few little battle scars on the belly pans, and I scratched the sh*t out of the wheels on one side. Battle scars, yes, beauty marks, not so much.

Love your pictures of the scenery in both places, it's absolutely breath taking up there.

After this last trip to SL I've come to the conclusion that I MUST have more Jeep parts. Going to have to get a job though. Short list includes onboard air and replacing my RC quick (HA!) disconnects with a Swaylock setup.

Did you notice, the only ones in this group that are out wheelin' are the GIRLS!?? Heh... silly boys, Jeeps ARE for girls :)

Kate _oooo_ /l ,[____], l-L -OlllllllO- ()_)-()_)--)_)

The shortest distance between two points, is a lot more fun in a Jeep!

2006 Rubi with some doodads bolted on here and there.

Both trails are located in central California, the Fordyce (Meadow Lake camp) is just north of I-80 east of Truckee and the Rubicon (Loon Lake camp) is just north of Hwy 50 east of Placerville.

Total damages to me and mine: Broken Pitman arm Broken pitman arm _again_ Purchased new pitman arm Rear sway bar link broke Popped out a rear spring Lost brakes when spring hit caliper and took line off Holes in both knees Hole in one hand Large hole in pocket book for fuel for the trip

- jenn

Reply to
Kate

Scrapped? Migawd, you mean they're all gone? That's terrible!

Reply to
C. Langston Hughes IV