Re: Volvo 940.

> > Doki wrote: > >> > >> Borrowed one of these. WHY THE FUCK DID ANYONE BUY ONE? > > > > I've got one and it can be quite entertaining. > > > >> 2.3l engine, turbocharged. Making 135 horses. > > > > Mines a 2.3 turbo that originally put out 165bhp. > > Which is still not a lot.

It's enough to make it go reasonably quickly. They're not as heavy as they look so it performs quite well.

> >> Interior not dramatically dissimilar to the one I had in my 25 year old > >> 340. > > > > It's based on the 740 so it's that old. The plastics are shit but they > > seem to wear quite well. The seats are nice and comfy to. > > Just like my 340 seats. Too soft.

It depends on what you want. For cruising along the motorway they're great but they don't hold you in place when being hurled round bends. Then again they do the job they were designed for very well.

> They're supposedly very good for towing, reliable and now they're dirt > > cheap. Mine was £200 with 11 months mot and 4 months tax. Fuel economy > > is crap, mid 20's, but they seat 4 in comfort and it's easy enough to > > fit a couple of bikes in the boot. > > Yebbut, who bought them new? That's the mystery to me.

Mine was bought new by a jeweller. The sort of people who wanted something big, safe, and not German.

James

Reply to
James Grabowski

Caravaners. The kind of people who don't mind towing a shed arround for weeks on end. Reckon they might not notice it is a little soggy?

Reply to
Elder