JOANNE ROBINSON

From 50 quid to about 20 grand.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

While since you had a respray done...

More like £80 - £25k these days.

...mind you I am in Scotland. :)

Alistair J Murray

Your questions got annoyingly shit a while ago.

Leave.

Reply to
DanTXD

Top Gear did one on a Jaguar V12 for about a tenner.

Reply to
DervMan

My mate Simon once hand painted a Mk2 Granada with a tin of Dulux.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

You couldn't even buy the paint for that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

More than it's worth. The only time it's sane to do a respray is in the following situations:

a) Newish, expensive car. Anything but a full respray following an accident would reduce its value (say it's a Nissan or an Alfa with flip paint). But if it's got to the point of every panel on the car needing painting, you're probably getting a new shell too.

b) It's a classic car, the old paint's done for, and it's worth it to you or the car's worth more than the painting costs

c) You're restoring a classic, or building a project car. You don't care how much shiney paint costs, and you've already stripped everything out of the car.

d) You can do it yourself.

e) You've got an old banger, and you're not respraying it, you're hammeriting it before it turns into dust.

That's about it. And you could argue against half of them.

Reply to
doki

I remember a local house painter who had a sit up and beg Ford 'Anglia' van which he'd painted with black household Dulux. Looked as good a finish as any Rolls.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Couple of litres of external emulsion and some 2 pack thinners/hardener

jobs a good un :)

dont knock it find an old school spray painter theres method in my madness

Reply to
Rob

You're right, it was about two thirds of a V12, wasn't it?

Reply to
DervMan

V8 paint? Dunno ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yeah but professionals have those kick arse lambswool rollers.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

IIRC, he used a brush. But probably some ancient well loved coach painter's one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

havnt a clue but if you find any decent reasonable ones in manchester let me know want to give my lude a new look

x-- 100 Proof News -

3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 100,000 other groupsx-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Monthx-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Reply to
gary shellshear