Royal Ascot

You know I'd love to report that the York authorities have made a right c*ck up of the traffic associated with Ascot and over fifty thousand people descending on to the city... but they have done a decent job of it all up.

It was good to see they're milking the crowds for as much as they can. Tuesday night I passed four mobile speed camera vans in six miles.

Bet the revenue made won't refund the council tax rise, though...

Reply to
DervMan

Gotta be in Leeds via the A64 tmrw A.M. - any particular van parking spaces i should be aware of?

Reply to
DanTXD

The A64. :)

I can only comment on the two that were on the A64 the Leeds side of the A1237 York Outer Ring Road. Oh and there are several police cruisers parked up, their occupiers eating donuts I guess.

The ones on the A1237 won't bother you unless you're going _really_ quickly. But you'll find the A64 a pain - what time were you intending to be passing York? Traffic starts to build at around eight o'clock.

Reply to
DervMan

Crap :) Gotta be there about 11-11:30am. Stamford bridge a better bet? Join the A64 at the big roundabout with the traffic lights? Will i ever get out onto the roundabout...?

Reply to
DanTXD

Not really...

Yeah you will. You might be lucky, depending on traffic. Best allow twice the usual time. Maybe a bit more depending on how fast you usually drive.

Reply to
DervMan

I'll be driving significantly less like a tosser now i have the heads up :)

I'll just leave at the usual time and be late. I'm sick of waiting for doctors, they can wait for me for a change.

Reply to
DanTXD
[snip}

ROFL! Good luck. I'm "escaping" to London today.

Reply to
DervMan

ford fair Silverstone august

put that into google, see what comes up :)

Reply to
dojj

Hey, my website is the fourth entry! :)

Reply to