Saabtrackday

Yeah, Omegas have definate barge status :)

How so ?

200bhp (or 180bhp for the Mk1) and RWD and a manual box. What more do you want !

I meant the Mk2, not the Mk1 :)

Even better, a Mk2 turbo - they're truly nutter machines.

You can pick up a mint Mk2 MR2 for £2000 these days.

Reply to
Nom

Not compared to the Ovlov it's not !

You need EVERYTHING to make the Ovlov interesting :)

Surely they're almost exactly the same size as the Ovlov !

Reply to
Nom

Complicated, and probably expensive to run/maintain/insure

See 200SX

Errrrr, where the f*ck am i gonna get that money from. I want a cheap car i can throw around and not worry about breaking it. If i pay that much for a car i'll want to look after it!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yea, girls drive 405's all the time :)

I can't change my car at the moment anyway - and if i could, i wouldn't ever have a 360 unless i became such a pikey chav that i had to put the difference of £200 or so above my enjoyment of driving.

;)

Reply to
Dan405

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, Carl Gibbs decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

*understands* :-D
Reply to
Pete M

For Gaaaaaaaaaaaawd sakes. Thats why am i getting - for the joy of RWD driving. You'll never understand!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Heh, don't worry Carl, I'll swap your 205 TD for my Carlton, you can have a wee jolly coming all the way here to take delivery.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Hence according to everyone here, with it being sub zero, the Saab 96 is only one step away from a DB9, except it sounds better.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

One small step, one giant leap etc ;)

Reply to
Dan405

Not at all - they're certainly no worse than any other perfomance car.

If you want something non-shit (ie, somewhere around the 200bhp mark), it's always gonna cost more cash ! You get what you pay for :)

Again, they're just standard fare for a performance car.

I thought you'd finished Uni, and were working now ? Stump up £500, and the remaining £1500 will only take you a year to pay-off/save-up at £125 a month.

Reply to
Nom

Nah, keeping the 205 and the missus is having that for commuting. I'll swap the Carlton for her Micra though.... :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

What's traction control, the Saab is the first car I've ever owned that even had a rev limiter.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I dont want around the 200bhp mark. theres plenty of cars around with far less power for far less money with a far less insurance group, which are far more fun (than *some* 200bhp cars)

Which is why i dont want one of those!

I have. But i still have debts looming over my head and i refuse to take an y more loans out till i've paid off what i got. Plenty of cheap fun cars (blindingly quick is not necessarily what i want) to be had for a DIY mechanic. Also i wouldnt want to rally a 200SX or anything like that. Plus i'm moving into a 4 bed house with double garage and swimming pool in a couple of weeks, which costs money ;)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Swimming pool? Sounds like an ideal time to test out that electrolytic de-rusting method on a whole car :)

Reply to
Stuffed

Well PAH to you then !

:)

Hurrah !

Reply to
Nom

1600 Talbot Sunbeam or Avenger and some work? 1500 Morris Marina?

Stripped and lightened?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

All possibilities, although i've never been keen on the Marina (plus not exactly built for abuse!). Sunbeam however is a decent enough car, but finding a decent enough example could be difficult. Not the best engine in the world either, although there are plenty of ways around that!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs