Second hand hatches

Yep, lovly little machines. When did they cease production of the mk1s?

Reply to
REMUS

You can't be looking hard.

Reply to
Conor

NOOOO. Woman across road has one.

Reply to
Conor

Maybe he is looking for a mint, standard spec car with full history?

Reply to
REMUS

Unlike Parkers this one gives values for older cars without you having to pay. It adjusts for mileage and condition and shows what mileage does to value. (can't remember if it only let you do a few a day)

XR2i about £300 if it's a '91

Clio RSi about £850 if it's '93

Both average cond.

Reply to
Peter Hill

As Conor said, he cant be looking that hard.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Takes me back :)

I remember my last XR2i a fifty quid non runner

taped the crank sensor wire up and she fired up fine gave her a quick wash polish and down the MOT station, changed a bottom arm to gain 12 months ticket drove it like i stole it for 4 months whilst the RST was convalesing and then sold it for 450 quid :)

Reply to
Rob

I think I've seen some A reg ones, but if that's correct then they were definitely the very last of them, as B reg was well into Mk2 territory, I'm fairly sure. But if I were you I'd hunt out an early one - around W reg, as in general most Fords of that era (W/X reg) seem to have a lot less rust than around Y/A/B reg. Mind you these days, it's largely academic, because even the earlier ones that previously resisted rust for quite a while are probably rotting away, and most remaining examples now are the really well looked after ones, which'll probably be in great condition regardless (though still have a good poke around).

Reply to
AstraVanMan

And? I know Seras better than I know most of the cars I've owned. What's the problem?

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I'm in London.

I suppose I must have been. Is a 30-40% discount really on the cards then?

Reply to
antgel

THe original wheels look wrong and the ride height is too high. Looks like a wannabe supra.

Reply to
Conor

I think they look quite nice, and the problems you have described are purely superficial... and a tad shallow!

Reply to
REMUS

But this is uk.rec.car.modifications...

Reply to
Conor

Looks like a blancmange.

Reply to
Conor

Some those prices seem a bit silly low Take the Saab convertibel turbo J reg. New =A327995

100k miles =A34075 120K miles =A33425 140k miles =A32875 212k miles =A3435=20

Is he really saying that while for 40k miles the car will drop by half,=20 after another 60k, it is worth 10% of what it was. It is a still a 15=20 year old car, whether it has been garaged or played starship for it's=20 whole life.

The price drop was similar for the Celica. Seems to be "worth" about 33-50% of what they fetch.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

The clio has an 8v version of the F series found in the 16v. Great motor, nice and torquey

Reply to
Chet

RT had single point injection, the RSi is multipoint. Probably a few other differences aswell

Reply to
Chet

Given that it predates the Supra you are presumably thinking of (since my Supra looks nothing like a Sera) by 4 years - 5 if you count the AXV-II Concept it evolved from - then that's kinda backward.

Original wheels are naff. Few enthusiasts still have original wheels (I have cheapass Fox 15" alloys; they look better, but I do have a set of originals and hubcaps in the cellar). Ride height may look high, but it's a small hatchback, not a supercar. I've owned a lowered one and it wasn't nice.

Having said that, I might be lowering mine because the sports kit, even with Koni adjustables, is cheaper than new Toyota suspension.

Park a stock Supra and a stock Sera together, and people will stare right past the Sera. Until you open the doors. Then the Supra will become invisible.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Here are mine:

My first Sera - Wine Red, Phase I, G5 (rare) bodykit:

Number two - Opal Silver, Phase I, stock apart from the wheels:

(That one is for sale, £700. Note the slight damage to the bonnet and bumper)

And my current Sera - Astral Black, Phase III, Super Live Sound System (but, modified so no DSP and an MP3 head unit).

If those links don't work, they're scattered amongst the other images at
Richard

Reply to
RichardK

That would be the same gutless F-series that lurks beneath the bonnet of the Volvo 480?

Clio. Nasty. They rust, they're flimsy, and a Golf GTI is an infinitely better car in every way.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK