Second hand hatches

Well, I bought the Golf. Offered a take-it-or-leave-it £300. I'm happy. Little corrosion around the rear wiper, and one or two niggles, but drives great and is generally clean and solid. Looks like I'm taking it to the watercooled VW newsgroup. ;)

Thanks again all - you probably saved me £300, what with me confusing asking and getting prices.

Reply to
antgel

Don't be silly, stay and make yourself at home mate! A few of the guys here don't run any mods at all, we just piss about talking about generally related stuff and help out when it comes to making informed choices about modifying members cars.

Most of the talk on rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled is about maintaince and solving OEM mechanical/electrical faults, which by all means is a useful basis for a newsgroup but it doesn't really offer anything else tbh... well imo anyway!

Me, Depresion and a couple of other people own or have owned mk2 golfs in their various guises anyway and will do our best to help you out concerning any problems you encounter with your new steed :)

Reply to
REMUS

I won't. I'm bloody jealous of him getting a black Digifant Mk II, albeit with small bumpers, for £300. Jammy git.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

But Richard, all I did was follow your excellent guidance. :P

Reply to
antgel