Shite old Ford vans

I used to have 2.0 transit with a V4 .

TMK the same engine used in the mk1 granada at the time .

--=20

(buy or sell mot failures , spares , or cars with a mot)

Reply to
SOR

Hey I've just been looking at

- now that is a QUALITY site man! (Or maybe I don't get out much).

Cheers Paul, Wakefield

Reply to
Paul

...and as big a consumer of head gaskets as a K series!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

dunno

but 2.8 /2.9/ 3.0 V6 of the essex or cologne varieties were a 'standard' SVO option on Transits 1 to 3 for "Emergency Service Vehicle" use

current Diesels are sufficiently powerful for emergency service use in most vans ( dunno if you can still get V8 LDVs now London Ambulance uses ?416 mercs)

Reply to
Martyn H

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember SOR saying something like:

And a bigger pile of s**te never graced a Ford's engine bay.

Afair, the 2.0 version of the Mk1 Granny was the Console/Consul/ whatever. Appropriately named, as it turned out, owners of V4s needing some consoling. The Grandad proper used the V6.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Although the York lump ran it close.

To be fair, the 2.0 V4 wasn't so much s**te as just not man enough for the job. It was never enough engine for a tranny.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

It always started first time and never let me down - a slightly newer transit I had (mk2 I assume) gave me heaps of trouble with the crappy automatic carb it had .

If you started the van from cold and drove round the corner and stopped it - it wouldnt start apart from a bump or leaving it on a hill or slight gradient .

A minimum of 10 minutes running time from cold was needed and it was fine for the rest of the day .

Reply to
SOR