Corsa SXi Mods

I am thinking of fitting an induction kit lowering the car by 3" and fitting a set of 17's also got my eye on a superchip, are these any good? Will this improve my 0 to 60 time?

Reply to
Barney Rubble

Hell yeah. Not only that, it will double the length of your penis and you'll have supermodels throwing themselves at you. Go for it.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Should do - you should also consider tinting the windows and putting some stick on decals APEXi, NOS, etc onto the front wing and then fitting a big bore exhaust. This should improve the cars 0 to 60 to about 5.7 seconds.

Oh, and also fit a loud stereo for playing that shitty rave music, this in itsef can also improve the performance of your car greatly.

Reply to
Me

What's the top speed in 2nd? Chips can up the red line so if you only hit 57mph at the top end of 2nd then a 6% higher red line will avoid the change to 3rd. Best VFM to improve your cars 0-60 would be to strip everything out of it, seats (apart from the drivers) door cards, radio, carpets. Cost £0 and should be better than all the others put together.

Reply to
Depresion

or use the cash you're gonna waste on that on a new BETTER car instead? :)

or hold onto it as it is and ditch it for the new Corsa VXR due in the next few months, will have a 1.6i turbo lump in it and it doesn't look to bad from what i've seen of it.

Reply to
Vamp

Are we talking about a Corsa C? Facelift or not?

For the non-facelift, and this may only be good on a black Corsa, tint the windows as much as the low allows, fit 17" TSW Apex, the Irmscher twin round back box, and Irmscher front splitter, Irmscher grill, and possibly some skirts if you can find some nice ones. Corsa C's don't need lowering.

Reply to
DanTXD

Charlie worked with somebody that believed this, you know - you shouldn't spread it. AstraVanMan carries respect in da hood, these boys believe...

Reply to
DervMan

I take it this is one of you lot trolling... ?

Reply to
LordyUK

Three inches? Do you enjoy driving?

Okay okay, Corsa SXi, which is a 1.2 isn't iy? So probably not. :)

Please forgive my flippant tone.

Almost all induction kits contribute nothing to performance but make it sound faster. Most allow the engine to ingest plenty of hot air. Their only advantage is that they "look cool" if you're in to that sort of thing and that they don't need replacing, just cleaning and re-oiling.

Lowering is best combined with fitting revised dampers, which gets expensive - but a good quality suspension kit will preserve much of the original ride but give the car better body control.

Fitting 17" rims with the wrong profile may raise your overall gearing and you might reduce your 0 - 60 time, but by the same token you'll rob the engine of some effective torque at the road. You'll have slower acceleration gear ofr gear.

If the wheels are heavier than the original equipment item you'll also reduce performance. Most "standard" aftermarket wheels are considerably heavier than the original equipment wheels.

The Superchip can have a useful benefit but it's not going to make _that_ much difference. Quicker and more responsive but it won't nullify the heavier wheels, for example.

With all of the above except for the induction kit, I took over a second off our Ka's quarter mile time and improved (reduced) fuel consumption on a long run, too...

Have a browse of my website for some more information...

Reply to
DervMan

Yeah, no end.

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Yes, it will cut your 0-60 time by 4 seconds and produce a loud induction noise. Watch you don't suck any pedestrians in if you get too close. The superchip will take your 65BHP to 135BHP and give far more power and a top speed of around 130mph. The wheels will make it handle better.

Oh as if ! I can't be cruel, it will not do a thing for your car to be serious for a minute. The Corsa engine doesn't even use as much air as the paper element can supply, so it doesn't need a mesh type. The superchip will make it use more petrol and that's it. They don't work - I have seen many boy racers spending £400+ on them only to pay for the removal and claim a refund from companies. The big wheels will make the handling crap. You might not be able to steer properly and the tyres will rub against the car body if you hit a bump. NEVER alter the suspension geometry of the car unless you want a crash.

Also don't forget to declare all the stuff to the insurance company or you will be prosecuted if stopped as you will be driving without insurance.

Save your money - buy a better car. A 1.2 that reaches 60mph in 14 seconds and does about 95mph is hardly a performance car.

Reply to
Rob

That's more like it.

You've picked this up quite quickly. Well done ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

You need an aluminium gearknob to improve the 0-60 time.

Reply to
Questions

Doesn't even use as much air as the paper element can supply... Eh? Do you know this or are you just speculating.

You've really not thought about this have you?

In this case, if it burns more petrol than standard, it'll be producing more power than standard. In this case, the relationship between fuel burnt and power produced is pretty simple. The fuel burnt at a steady cruise, gear for gear, will be the same.*

Many vehicles if driven "normally" will potentially use less fuel after the conversion, because for gradients and suchlike the driver will be able to use a higher gear. The power required will be the same, but there will be less friction from the engine, thus slightly improved fuel consumption.

*Not quite this simple but since you fail to grasp even the basics I'm not going to bother expanding.

Utter bollocks that last bit. The tyres will rub against the car body? Bwahaha. They might rub against the inside of the wheel arch associated with width issues... I guess it's not worth trying to explain the concept of lower profile tyres to you, eh?

What?

I think we're establishing a good picture here.

You drive a 1.6 Astra.

You get overtaken by boy racers in modified cars, probably with smaller engines than yours.

You shake your fist at them.

Or maybe you modified your car, say, a tow bar, did something stupid and crashed, and your insurance company refused to pay out?

Where does "performance car" come into it?

Are you getting bored yet of being stupid? When's school back in anyway?

Reply to
DervMan

Rob "aka Brian, aka others and not Rob with the Nova" Lyndhurst is the latest punch bag / sock puppet to be employed by whoever is behind them.

They come into urcars.modifications on a mission to persuade people not to modify their cars.

Sadly, Rob2 is only equipped with one line of reasoning, which boils down to a child-like belief that the original manufacturer of the car used only the very finest components and designed it not just with the best of all worlds (rather than, say, having to compromise out handling with ride quality) and furthermore, were able to predict and take advantage of any developments in automotive technology which came about subsequent to the actual manufacture of the vehicle.

Thus, any change, however slight, ruins the car, destroys performance, makes it crash, and so on, in Brianworld.

There is some strong element of trolling behind this, except that he doesn't start the posts. Maybe they've changed the rules?

Either way, the combination of irritating "Hello" and immensely annoying utterly simplistic "explanation" is a perfect recipe for troll bait.

Reply to
Questions

He doesn't just limit himself to this group either, but it seems that - wherever he posts - people instantly spot him for an idiot dying to have the piss taken out of him :)

Reply to
LordyUK

"Surely not!"

Reply to
DervMan

Yeah I appreciate that I'm billy goat, but I've no problem taking the bait. It's good practice! :)

Reply to
DervMan

Hello,

I totally see your point, nothing short of a f****it.