Short WFMI.

You play in a market place where things get over and under priced. I do not recall saying WFMI is not overpriced. It is. Problem is that you are fighting a loser battle if you think your opinion is worth more than 2 cents in the real world. You are fighting a defensive business into which flows money afraid of betting on GM , F and their suppliers. OATS has a ton of debt. Safeway's are big markets meaning higher rent meaning they must move a certain amount of goods every week IOT pay the rent, air conditioning, and other overhead.

Have you ever visited a WFMI market?

arthur

-- >

> >If this statment is true, why don't they just rasie the price 5%, it'll >bring the profit to 8%. > >Each WFMI store is valued at $40M. Each OATS store is valued at $5M. >Each Kroger store is valued at $6M. Each safeway store is valued at >$7M. > >Is WFMI really worth 6-10 times of its peer group? > >When the realization hit the fan: WFMI is a low margin businese, I >don't want to hold the bag.

. . support SPAM - fools use real email addresses in public forums.

Reply to
·Arthur

Yes! Here there's a lot of hot UCSD students. On the other side of the spectrum, there are also a lot of uptight LJ soccer moms.

Reply to
·TATrader

There is a Henry's in ESC but not WFMI. My friend lives in DelMar where there is a WFMI. Personally I have never been to a WFMI and all I know about it is from my friend. A retired CFO. He has made a bunch on WFMI and is or will lighten up but wouldn't think of shorting it. We do not deal with logic all the time in this game. IMO if the price was to drop 50% there would be a line from UCLA to Chicago to buy this puppy. Therefore -50% is impossible sans some crusher news. A -10%? -20% You betcha. Eventually, but from where?

arthur