Should I?

It's increaseing looking like I will need new valves, possible a reground crank on my current engine, so I was looking for a replacement for spares or to stick in while I recondition the current engine:

Is this Digifant 1.8 engine a better model? I assume its not a mechanical injection system like my current lump and therefore I can chip it.... transfer the big valve head, cams and then a 2.0 audi engine block that I have been offered.

want do you think? manc isnt that far, proberbly further than i would want to go tho...

Reply to
REMUS

In news:d9i3l7$pku$ snipped-for-privacy@news8.svr.pol.co.uk, REMUS decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

The mechanical injection system is *way* superior to Digipants.

Mech injection Golfs are around 1.2 seconds *quicker* to 60 than Digipants "economy" ones, and no less on fuel. Just a bit less emissions friendly.

Reply to
Pete M

That much? Cripes. Nevermind, mine seems to be doing 40 to the gallon on a run. Makes diesels look even more unnattractive.

Reply to
doki

Just one thing - what exactly is the "big valve head" you've got in it already? And was it fitted properly, with whatever other bits that need upgrading upgraded? If not, then you've just paid £500 for a heap of shit. Buy a really nice standard one. It's by far the best way to go with Mk2 GTIs.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

To be perfectly honest, I don't know, since obviously I didn't have the work done. I'll be able to see more clearly once I get the engine out and the head off which may be as early as tomorrow and everything will become clear I hope, it sounds as if one of the valves is clicking, could just be the tappets or the head gasket might of blown... who knows but i'm certainly not going to use it until I have checked everything over from chassis, then brakes to the engine. Then just do the little/simple jobs like replacing the interior, under-sealing and replacing wiper blades, basically what I brought it for.... a project over the summer to restore, ready to prang in the winter lol!

I'm perfectly aware that I may have to spend another £500 before it goes back on the road, but I will know the car and what work has been done.

Reply to
REMUS