should i?

quick photoshop of what the paintwork might look like :)

original if anyone else wants a shot to make some suggestions

Rob

No. The two colours don't gel - and I used to work in a paint shop!

David

Reply to
David Lane

What do you think? It's your car if you like it go for it, if you don't then don't.

I'd say a Champaign silver/gold over black or dark blue with a contrasting pinstripe.

Reply to
Depresion

Personally I'd say the green is a bit too bright, but that's obviously the look you're after. Some mk1 MR2 did it the other way round and did green (albeit a lot darker) over champagne gold and they looked great, like this one:

Carl Gibbs

nope! over silver would be bling :)

Reply to
Vamp

most defiantly not!!!!!! it looks like it's coming to a stop as it is, it would look like a bogey in that colour :)

Reply to
dojj

Rob that looks hideous. Were you wearing 3D glasses when you designed that?

Reply to
fishman

Do it, Julian's quattro was quick. My ex Boss's 911 turbo was fast, but my current boss's DB9 is stupidly mental when he boots it.

Do it, if you don't you will kick yourself.

Reply to
Elder

If he doesn't, I'll kick him.

Reply to
Pete M

I once got the chance to go in a proper Group B rally car that was at a rolling road for a tuning session. I was with my mate and he stupidly said he didn't want to so I did.

We set off up a hill, squirrelling all the way up it then shot off down a gravel track where we went round a tight right hander at some really sodding stupid speed.

Sat strapped into a fully caged group B spec car, you feel completely safe even though what you're doing is mad and you're not the one with the controls.

If it'd been a normal road car, I doubt I'd have been as happy.

Reply to
Conor

Stupidly mental? My god... What sort of group is this?

All these cars are slower than an old motorbike...

Reply to
Burgerman

always wary of bosses with flash cars, mine were utter pricks.

Reply to
mike

Sitting in the passenger seat of 500bhp 911 (yes really), at 100mph, while the driver has a can of coke in one hand, his mobile in the other down the mancunian way can be a little unsettling.

Reply to
Elder

Right, but there's a reason for that.

Ready ?

Really ?

Right, here we go. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Motorbikes are quicker than cars. . . . . . . . . We all know that. We also know that it takes a lot of money to make a really fast car go as fast as a very ordinary and run of the mill motorbike. But not everyone likes motorbikes. That's why a car that is quicker than most other 'cars' is still worth talking about. Ok, it's not as quick as a motorbike (see above), but we're cool with that.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Which in turn is slower than a jet-fighter, but we aint talking about 'planes either :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Errrrm, check out the third word in the name of this group.

It's all relative. If you drive a 'normal' car a supercar will feel fast. If you drive a 1.0l Polo my 106 will feel fast etc etc. I've been on a few bikes in the past, but TBH the quickest feeling machine I've been in is a VX220 Turbo, and that felt pretty mental.

And Vamp, shut up and strap yourself in FFS :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

BTDT, but change the speed for about 90mph and the car for a Toyota Starlet.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

LOL, probably more stable handling than an aircooled 911 then. And the Mancunian way is twisty for a motorway type road and elevated with a 50 limit. and it is quiete possible to crest a rise and find someone stopped in what was lane one trying to get into the short on/off length of new lane one slip.

Reply to
Elder

Considering my 10 year old blackbird does 0-100kph in 2.8 and tops out around

300kph that is not really that slow.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I'd bet the Ultima isn't that far behind either of those figures heh.

Reply to
Iridium