More power for the Dub.

Well SWMBO has decreed that the golf is a bit on the gutless side.WTF? 8v Gti which i thought pulled well. and has decided she wants more oomph.

any suggestions for a sizeable(noticeable) hike in power?.

first thought was to transplant a 16v lump in what sort of difference?

secondly what sort of difficulties in fitting a 1.8T lump?

any thoughts guys?

Reply to
Rob

Relatively easy, but not worth it, the 8v is a nicer car to drive day to day.

Stupidly expensive, mega amounts of hassle involving dash transplants, lock transplants or custom ECUs.

De-chav it.... OEM grille, more modest drop and either BBS cross-spokes or steels. YKIMS.

Reply to
SteveH

Put the red top you've got kicking about in it - I'm sure a man of your talents could manage that one :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Nope no way no how. Redtop is Van bound :)

Steve swmbo wont change the looks of the cars other than insisting that it is resprayed punto baby blue(that yucky light blue colour on the new puntos and the rims redone in anthracite. either this or swmbo will inflict muchos pain upon me

Reply to
Rob

Rob, seriously, listen to what people tell you on here. If you don't believe them, ask Vamp. He once wanted to put neons in a Cavalier, and he saw the light and started buying hairdresser posemobiles.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Divorce her.

Reply to
DanTXD

Look up the performance specs of the too. Lazy boy!

A lot I'd imagine! Think Punto RWD territory!

Nitrous Turbo Supercharger K&N and a Peco BB4

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

problem is that only works with 1.2 novas :)

Reply to
Rob

another pic of the dub :)

although i have a confession to make.

there may be a Ti in the pipeline once the punto is sold :)

Reply to
Rob

the badge is hideous chav and will be coming off as soon as i get near it with some polish and fishing line. the exhaust isnt hanging right needs to be rehing so it sits in the cutout :)

tis indeed tidy. although i'll give it a month in the wifes hands before its wasted and i have to confiscate it back for safe keeping :)

Reply to
Rob

That exhaust is a bit mingin - seems to stick out too far? Also, what does the badge say?

But i must confess - i think its quite tidy.

Reply to
DanTXD

No major problems fitting a 1.8T if you go for a standalone ECU, I was surprised how easy it was. I fitted one to a Corrado and the hardest mechanical thing I ever did before that was change the rear brake discs. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem for a man of your talents.

Reply to
Homer

Not really, I fitted one with my very limited mechanical experience. Easy if you use a standalone ECU. Just bolt in the engine and a front mounted intercooler, after that it's just plumbing and wiring.

Reply to
Homer

ok so hairdresser cars aint seen as cool either but defo cooler than anything chav with neons :)

buy my MR2 turbo, looks the badgers nadgers and has the power to go as well :)

Reply to
Vamp

Depends what she looks like...

Why not stop mincing about make it rear drive V8 Nitrous, and open twin exhaust system, with a good autobox?

Then you can use it too. If I wasnt busted I would...

Reply to
Burgerman

Oh and I forgot, as well as the above, W i d e 13 inch wheels, mat black paint, black tinted glass, weld a railway line on each end, never wash it, and and drive it like you hate it.

Reply to
Burgerman

Tell her to learn to drive.

Swap the Golf for my Supra.

Less economy, more revs, more noise.

Getting one for sensible money instead of just buying a 1.8T Passat, insuring the abortion afterwards.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I may have one of those for sale soon.

Reply to
SteveH

Leave her and get a more accomodating companion in life?

Reply to
Andy Connolly

Sure, sell it and buy a Golf 16V.

I believe that Volkswagen actually did a factory version with the 16 valve engine......................

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle