a mod too far and a history lesson.

well due to lazy bastid ebay sellers not getting to the post office and sending me my new window the poor pug had to have some um modifications to put her into service for work tommorow.

broken window hmmm, insecure car hmmmm, quick fix needed for work tommorow hmmmm,

so i popped the passenger side glass out and we used it as a template for a nice mdf window :)

heres one i made earlier :)

anyways whilst uploading said pic above i found some timeless classics and thought what the hell i'll make UKRCM'ers cringe :)

Heres a blast from the past, the mondy Si

the original punto

the wifes new one

this still makes me wet :)

see i can be sensible :)

LOL

if you look closesly you can almost make out a vauxhall :)
aaah black cav :)

bloody mincer

A case of XE envy although the ecotec in question actually made more power than a stock XE :)

touring car stylee reverse head :)

black cavs replacement

nearly oh so nearly :)

dont let women drive

Rob

finally a face to the name. Somehow I imagined younger, thinner, shorter and more ginger.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Yeah, I was pissing myself laughing too :)

Heh, for about 10 minutes!

You seem to like vauxhalls, fancy buying a Manta next? :)

Not bad

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Dam, beat me to it.

Reply to
Depresion

bear in mind the nova was eons ago :) circa 1999 :)

Reply to
Rob

Bloody thing came home on a trailer today :)

bloody french cars

Reply to
Rob

Hmmm. Electrics? Driveshaft? Collapased rear beam?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

right first time :)

Electrical musterings of a bodged 1.9 conversion

running again within an hour tho lol

fell in love with her again last night after having a play with a civic VTi :)

score pug 1 jap crap 0

Reply to
Rob

Heh, sounds about right. I think they were bodged from the factory, so probably just trying to keep in with the pug tradition :)

I starting to feel the need to buy a 205 GTi. The Manta is great, but could do with a bit more speed and a bit of bodywork touching up - neither of which I can afford :(

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

well my 20 yr old 205 complete with badly fitted but sweet 1.9 set me back

150 notes with tax and test :)

tis a bit rough and needing some work but otherwise solid and a genuine top hot-hatch

Reply to
Rob

I'd just be after a standard 1.6 or 1.9, dont mind which. I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for a local

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Buy Doug's BX GTi. It rocks. And it features the classic standard factory single-wiper conversion and Pug's own version of the Kenwood Mask, all built in. Along with some of the comfiest seats you'll ever sit in.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

After reading his MoT post? ha, I think not!!

If I was to get a bx, it would need to be a 16v!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Nah, you want the Marea, really ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Pah! You'll be laughing on the other side of your face when it passes and I've got another year of cheap motoring out of it. (c:

It needs to be my 8v BX, and you need to come on an adventure to Glasgow to get it. That's the rules!

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

where abouts in Glasgow are you Douglas?

Reply to
Rob

I actually live just outside Cumbernauld.

It's Glasgow as far as someone from ShandyHampton is concerned.

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Most places in Scotland are near Glasgow arent they? Weeny little country.

TBH I'd love to come up to Scotland, would make a good road trip in the mister 2. Dont want a BX to bring home though! Find me a tidy 205 GTi, Rover SD1 v8 or Manta v8/XE for less than £500 and I might think about it!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

That's the one thing I don't care about, actually, it's a 'DILLIGAF' look.... especially when it's as fast or faster than most hot hatches.

It's great being able to out drag a chavved Saxo VTS in something that looks like your grandad's car :-)

Reply to
SteveH

Most of my cars have that look, but I still like them myself IYSWIM. And I dont like the Marea. Would make an excellent family car in a few years time though!

I'm hoping to be able to use the Volvo for that soon :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs