Slightly OT: PDA Mounts

As the regulars know we've recently bought a '99 sixth generation Accord.

I've yet to put my PDA windscreen cradle into the car but I suspect it'll be too compromised. I'm sure I bought the short neck variety and the Accord has a steeper sliding windscreen. It was never especially stable either so this is a good excuse to get something with two or more suckers so as to provide a more stable base. Probably.

Can anybody recommend an off-the-shelf mounting kit that should fit here

in the space below the header unit? There are dozens of mounts available... :-x

Reply to
DervMan

cant recomend anything but i have the same problem with thhe T2 falling in the audi

any gen on an aftermarket gps receiver that i could use ?

obviously needs to be a sd card fitment but i only have one sd slot and i need that for my sat nav software grrrr

the only reason i say is the gps is built into the mount and its fugging ugly

Reply to
Rob

If you have a Tungsten T2, you'll have built-in Bluetooth, so any* Bluetooth receiver will do the trick. We use the Fortuna Clip-on unit, which is a compact lightweight unit with great battery life (eight hours or more). It's very portable, which means you can use it on foot or in the car, boat, wherever.

This is the piece of kit. I bought it because of the replaceable Nokia-style battery, the size, the Bluetooth (the Ka has QuickClear, the heated front windscreen, reputed to block a lot of the signal so I needed something I could mount in the boot) and the GPS chipset. I still know next to nothing about GPS chipsets other than the SiRF XTrac is supposed to be a decent one, heh.

Best of all about it being a Bluetooth unit is that if I lose / break / get bored with my existing PDA, providing the replacement has onboard Bluetooth, I'm away...

*in theory.
Reply to
DervMan

Have you tried brodit or dashmount mounts. Im sure you will work out the web address from them, lol

Steve

Reply to
Steve