Discovery and PDA

Hi,

I posted a couple of weeks ago about using a PDA for sat nav and whether it would work behind a heated screen.

Well i took the plunge and bought a Mio 168 and can confirm it works like a dream behind the heated screen.

Reply to
allnewtonyg

Thanks for posting your findings, I'm toying with a PDA based mapping / Tom Tom Go. I'd had issues in tree cover or heavy rain with a GPS mouse on a laptop but got around this using the sunroof for the mouse. Difficult to use the same for the Mio and Tom Tom Go though...

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

The Mio came with a external antenna however i've not had to use it yet.

Reply to
allnewtonyg

I use Tom Tom with an IPAQ 2210 behind a heated screen with no problems at all.

jez

hang fire with any gps purchase tomtom5 just about to hit and also new versions of tomtom go,3 in total 1 inc. a 2.5gig hardrive and full maps for europe

Reply to
t.jonson

I told ya it would :)

Reply to