Some photos from the Saab/Skoda trackday at Blyton

Hope you enjoy.

I'm still working on the video clips.

Elder

never understood your thing for skoda's and SAAB's myself but them pictures to me are very comical! i didn't know old skoda's and SAAB's looked errr that different! mind you guess everyone here has a thing for a certain type or make of car for reasons only known to them :) i mean i still want to get back to some good old jap tat hehe

Reply to
Vamp

Some lowish quality video.

my digital still camera, and one of the other guys DV cameras.Might wrap a little.Listen for the two strokes. Sounds like a crazy frog convention.

Reply to
Elder

version for those who think rapping (sic ;) sucks.

Reply to
Elder

cool volvo there too!

Reply to
john

yep, and to think I was personally insulted when someone said my 99 looked like a skoda :-) (I prefered to think more of a VW variant look...but hey...)

Cool and jap? forget Mr2's etc, thats modern shit. you want a 280Z....

Reply to
john

Yup. Officially Skoda a club and Saab Club, but, open to anything interesting if you were accompanying a Saab or Skoda.

That Volvo PV was very nice and has had 9000 seats fitted for a little bit of modern comfort and safety.

Reply to
Elder

I've heard people before have their 99 and 900s compared to Estelles and Rapids, looks wise. I can see why having owned a couple of 900s and an Estelle.

MK1 MR2 is nice, Celicas are always cool in their own way, and the Crown/Cresida/Century, RWD Bluebird/Gloria/Cedric/Laurel/Skyline japs are starting nicer all the time when you can have classic style, with modern equipment that still works, acceptable performance and economy, and look different to the clones on the road.

Reply to
Elder

Err what happened to 15? Some interesting bits of kit there.

Reply to
Depresion

Damn, forgot about this event.

Gutted!

Reply to
Ken (the sane one)

It was a duplicate of the the 14 engine shot. Took 2, slightly different angle. better photo but more shadow, so i used 14.

Yup, good kit all well prepped.

Reply to
Elder

I think it might be used again. It appears you can rent the 1.5mile circuit for the day for =A3800 and=20 marshall it yourselves. This is split between how many people show up.

There were 9 people there on the day, driving. So less than a =A3100 they= =20 got access to the tarmac section of the rally cross circuit, from 9AM=20 until about 3-3.30PM when we called it a day, packed up and went for=20 Icecream. The rally drive staff didn't bother us all day either.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

Is marshalling it yourselves actually allowed? Somehow it seems like it might place the circuit owners under a bit of liability if anyone was injured/killed .. or do you have to sign a massive long disclaimer thingy before you take it on?

Reply to
Tom Robinson

I only spectated so I don't know. But, when I arrived at the RallyDrive office, I asked if they knew=20 anything about Saab/Skoda owners club being there, as it looked deserted=20 apart from one guy working on his car. He just said "Yep, follow that=20 track there about 1/2 a mile". That was it.

The Saab OC is MSA affiliated, so that might work because their=20 motorsport team will have marshalling experience from arranging events,=20 and probably have their marshalling experience.

As it wasn't a competetive event, I'm not sure marshalls would be=20 required at all. We hired a continuos stretch of private road, I don't=20 recall seeing marshalls out at Elvington, and when ever I've been to=20 curborough for Skoda club/Carlton and district events, it has just been=20 the flag man marking the end of each sprint turn for each car.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder