Something for everyone

Recent Auction. Some real classic cars. Some are ludicrously cheap. For currency conversion you can pretty much take the hammer price and divide by 2 to give pounds.

Fraser Johnston

Even a 5 turbo Alpine :)

Reply to
Iridium

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net, Fraser Johnston wittered on forthwith;

Some are a bit on the uncheap side as well though, $72320.00 for an RS3100? That's £36k for a Capri which is a UK model anyway!

The BMW 3.3Si looks nice though.

Just out of interest, how hard is it to find a sensibly priced Mk2 Escort out there in upsidedownland?

Reply to
Pete M

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net, Iridium wittered on forthwith;

I know, I saw it, and didn't even twitch much, even though the Alpine in question is the same as the UK Gordini Turbo. Why have these things come out of the woodwork to taunt me?

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:ek45u3$40u$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Karma.

Reply to
Iridium

Mk 2 escorts are as rare as rocking horse poo. But if you can find one it will be worth 3/5ths of f*ck all. I imagine you'd struggle to pay more and Aus$2000. An RS2000 in mint nick might fetch Aus$10,000.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

"Pete M" wrote in message news:ek45s5$40c$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Pete, I don't suppose you know of anyone with any escort bits ? I'm after a rear o/s brake back plate, mine's bent and I can't be arsed trying to straighten it :)

Just wondered...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

A pound is worth nearly AU$2.5 at the moment.

Much cheapness (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Yep. The pacific peso.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

In news:nRj9h.5580$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk, Tony Bond (UncleFista) wittered on forthwith;

I might well do. I know where there's lots of Mk2s in various stages of insanity. What are the brakes? Standard? 1600? RS?? Capri?

Tell me what it is you're after and I can probably get it.

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote in message news:ek5o4m$tt2$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Just a standard 1.6 axle, boggo rear drums etc. :) It's the actual backing plate I'm after, they're rather thick and difficult to bend back to shape without major tools...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

1982 MG Metro 1275 cc - Ahh, the first car I ever owned! (and the most unreliable)
Reply to
Me

You think metros are old? OMG...

Reply to