First Gear Start Valve Body for V8 Flight-O-Matics...

FYI

Yep, I bought two of these back in 2005 from Dennis at SASCO but ended up only needing one so the extra unit is now on eBay.

JT

Reply to
GrumpyOne
keith_kichefski

I was at that site last night and I think I'll list it there if it doesn't make reserve on ebay. My activity on eBay is way down as I've noticed the increase in commissions, fees etc.

In fact, I may call it quits before the end of the year...

JT

keith snipped-for-privacy@wed.dresser.com wrote:

which is free.

Reply to
GrumpyOne
Reply to
keith_kichefski

Well, I had a $350 reserve which was not met but reflected the price I paid back in 2005. I ended up going the "2nd Chance Offer" which was the highest bidder at $285. Time to cut the loses despite the paypal cut and the ebay cut. I'll end up with less than $250 but that's life these days.

Yep... I've been retired since 2005 and my best years were through mid

2007. It's all been down hill from there.

My experience as well. Nobody has any money or they just refuse to part with any of it...

JT

Reply to
GrumpyOne
Reply to
keith_kichefski

Good point...

I have three Studebakers remaining. The '56 Power Hawk was purchased in

1966 just before I got out of the Army. It's in the process of being repainted, (for the third time), and it's also time for it to go to a new owner. But as you stated, my return will probably be diminished due to the crappy economy. It's a pretty nice car with just less than 90K on the odometer.

I purchased a '55 President State sedan nearly twenty years ago and it still ain't ready for the road but hopefull it will and it will serve as an occasional daily driver to compliment my ancient Gen II Honda Civic.

The third car is a '59 Lark two door sedan which I bought in early 2011 as an "investment." Ha ha ha... That joke will probably be on me!

Oh well, I really don't have much control over any of it so what will happen will happen..

JT

Reply to
GrumpyOne