soon to be 1 turbo'd mo' fo'!

In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

I reckon with a mild tint, and some black or really dark grey wheels it could look absolutley mental.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Just don't make comments about it being Metallic beige.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Yeah, one for each driven wheel.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, MeatballTurbo decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Jewish Racing Gold, that is...

Reply to
Pete M

tell her it's gold plated ;)

Reply to
Vamp

MSN ? add me if u want, snipped-for-privacy@clanpfr.com

Reply to
ronny

bling bling!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

added ;) should know it's me :)

Reply to
Vamp

tune it more :D

Reply to
Theo

On my GTR all you could hear were the pod filters sucking in air as the turbos spooled. Sounded like a jet taking off.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Get it chipped, it'll be louder then as it will spool to higher boost. Also get an atmo dump valve, people will think your a tosser but you'll here it sneeze and chirp every time you lift the throttle. Then at a cone filter - it'll suck in hot air but you'll hear it more. Finally fit a straight through exhaust - you'll here some turbo whistle and big noise but the local noise police will object.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

It was chipped, also as it has a divertor Valve, atmos BOV dont work properly with the 1.8T engine, also the standard filter allows the best airflow apparently, the cone filters slow the car down :(

Maybe its because the car has decent sound insulation

Ronny

Reply to
Ronny

on the MR2 turbo you can hear the turbo really well! but that's probably because it's just behind your head in an MR2 :)

Reply to
Vamp

pod sunday too!

Just don't blow it up or wrap ir round the Armco on your first long drive.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Change every fluid in the thing before you drive it as well. Brake, coolant, oil should all be on the list.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

all being done by importer hopefully but will be checking before any right sided pedals hit soft MR2 carpet

Reply to
Vamp

VAG 1.8T will work with Atmos DV as long as it's a twin piston design, i.e. Bailey DV26, but personally I think the sound produced by these is a bit camp compared to a traditional atmos jobbie.

PS: Turbo on the 1.8T is a Borg Warner KKK03, or a KKK03S on the engines that have 180BHP std - KKK04 on the 225 versions. Nice turbos, if a little gutless at high rpm - excellent low down grunt though!

Reply to
Adam M