Spiteful, moi?

I stuck a bunch of my stuff on eBay lately - I haven't plugged it here since none of it is really car related apart from a toy Basil Fawlty Austin 1300 with an amusing rare box.

However, I listed my Australian-endorsed hell-device (Stylophone), and upset the UK's leading Stylophone retailer by arguing that items bought at auction aren't going to "die" instantly.

Mess with the bull, etc ;)

(I also emailed the site in question, pointing out that if it doesn't sell, I'll be working out the schematics and putting those online with part references ;) ).

Check out my other auctions anyway, you can laugh at the crap I find around my house.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

But can you still get red spot transistors? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Strikes me that the UK's leading Stylophone retailer needs to get his or her head out of their ass!

/contemplates email/

Reply to
DervMan

LOL, this is quite funny, but you started it by singling out his website. (c: He has taken a bit of an over the top attitude though, its not like your single stylophone is going to put him out of business.

Incidentally, how much did stylophones cost new, when Rolf was king?

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

We have someone claiming to de the UK's leading stylophone retailer, can you imagine them getting up one morning turning to there partner and saying "I just had a dream. I'm going to become the UK's leading stylophone retailer."

Reply to
Depresion

I may have singled his website out, however, it provides the warning he wanted, right where he wanted it - right? "Don't buy from auctions", linked from an auction.

If I found something with a detailed explanation of the 'fault', and no motive selling them, I'd have linked to that too ;)

New cost? Probably not that much, IIRC, but they were quite expensive. A couple of weeks pay has been suggested in some reviews, so probably around £30 in the late 70s.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

First result on Google. ;) Would a 1977 device still be using Germanium transistors, anyway?

And being more specific:

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

I looked it up. I'm that sad.

The 350S, I have no idea. The pocket Stylophone, the one everyone remembers, was 8 and a half guineas, or 8 pounds, 18 shillings and 6 pence which is £8.92 - from the Stylophone VST page.

It was launched in 1967 (by people involved in the film/tv industry, specifically the audio side of things. You just can't trust people in /that/ business, dodgy buggers the lot of 'em), and production ended in

1977 (presumably making the 350S that I'm selling one of the last), with sales finishing in 1980 - according to that website. I'm sure they were still in circulation as late as '83.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

I doubt it. But just about any PNP transistor would replace a red spot - they were the sweepings off the floor. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I can see Rolf Harris as I type: "two little boys had two little toys..."

;) ;) ;)

Reply to
antispam