Sproiiinnggg...

That was roughly the noise the Golf's front suspension made when I tried to pull out of its parking space. Unfortunately it keeps doing that whenever I put load on that corner of the car. Grrrrr.

Guess I'll have to have a look underneath it on the weekend. Sounds like a broken coil spring :/.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

It's definitely one of those.

Thankfully, Golfs are easy to do a spring on.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

You've managed to break that one...

;-)

Reply to
JackH

Yes, I'm very impressed with myself, too :(. Couldn't have come at a better time either, at least this way I don't have to make up my mind if I was going to take a car down to Switzerland or not, with the Golf being sprung, the roof on the 911 being repaired and the MX5 going on Saturday, I will have to take the bike.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

I wouldn't leave that job too long. I left it 2 extra days on the SO's E36 and it cost me a new tyre as well as a spring. Good rubber cutting tools are sharp ends of broken spring.

JB

Reply to
JB

oise the Golf's front suspension made when I

I'm not driving it any sort of distance until I've checked the spring and probably will have it fixed before going any further than the other side of town to have a spring fitted. Still rather inconvenient as it leaves me without a useable car for at least a week or two.

Reply to
Timo on tour
+AD4- I wouldn't leave that job too long. I left it 2 extra days on the SO's E36 +AD4- and it cost me a new tyre as well as a spring. Good rubber cutting tools +AD4- are sharp ends of broken spring.

Last one I did (on a Mondeo) the spring had almost taken out the brake flexi, if it hadn't +ACI-unclipped+ACI- itself it'd have split somewhere, as it was it was stretched very tight....

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Seasonal of course :-)

Reply to
Clive George

Yeah; I broke a spring on the Saab. I was gutted, because I was wanting to research and pick a decent suspension kit. But I needed to get it fixed so standard went on...

Reply to
DervMan