TDI TUNING

A place called Torquetronix in Northern Ireland, did you check the pics?

Reply to
ThePunisher

Yes but they are meaningless unless you know the rollers are accurate it's not hard to miss calibrate a set of rollers be it accidentally or deliberately.

Reply to
Depresion

With all due respect, that looks like a fairly optomistic rolling road extrapolation to me. Have you got a picture of before and after remap runs? That would make a more meaningful comparison. As it stands, the P-norm and P-eng figures look like utter bollocks to me.

I suspect it's a fair bit more entertaining to drive however. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

25% also sounds like quite high transition loss for a FWD car.
Reply to
Depresion

I see if my mate has those before figures, why do you think the P-norm and P-eng figures look bollocks?

Reply to
ThePunisher

From a starting point of 105bhp, a remap and filter aren't going to get to nearly 140bhp...... on top of that, the calculation to get power at the crank compared with power at the wheels is utter bollocks.

40bph transmission losses? - Is he running moly grease instead of gearbox oil?
Reply to
SteveH

Not a chance!!!

The current 100's / 105's run a much smaller turbo than the previous

110/130's. About 135bhp your max, on a good day.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

They are nearly double what the stock figure is supposed to be. Normally, that's a bit tricky to do by simply altering the engine settings and changing the air filter.

Did the people who supplied the remap also do the RR session? Call me a cynical bastard but if they did, or are affiliated in any way with each other, I think that its in their interests to supply bloated figures.

40-50bhp is an awful lot to be losing in the drivetrain, especially in a FWD car. The rolling road measures the power at the wheels. I think it is quite difficult to work out how much power the drivetrain of a car saps without taking the engine out.

For a more realistic idea of what you've gained, you'd need the before figures from the same rolling road, on the same day, under the same atmospheric conditions. You might find that the RR was fairly optomistic before and after, but you'd have the stock figure of ~105bhp to compare it to.

There's some stuff about rolling roads on here:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

What was the bhp before mods on the same rollers?

Reply to
ts86

The original 105bhp could be well below what the engine can actually do.

Also, it's a turbo diesel. Remap gains are known to be significant.

NOTE: nothing to do with the Seat TDI in question, just generally...

Reply to
ts86

bollocks.

fabia vrs pd 130 with air filter, cupra induction hose and a remap = 185BHP.

105PDs remap to around 150-160 easily.
Reply to
Ric

who said it was a current one?