TDI TUNING

right guys now i'm a proud owner of a audi derv i;m looking into the tuning potential :)

so far its a chip supposedly giving 140 bhp and 310nm torque but beyond this i dont know where to look, whats the best approach to freeing up some more horses on the dervy beast?

induction/exhaust intercooler?

Reply to
Rob

I'm guessing the usual advice of "keep it standard, don't wreck the thing and get something else to tune up and play with" will probably fall on deaf ears, so in that case right, found it:

From the thread "Holly cow" earlier on this month. It's probably a PD engine though - not sure how much you could extract from your one (IIRC it's a 110bhp version?).

Reply to
AstraVanMan

After the 140 chip on a 110, you need larger (130) injectors, followed by a larger turbo and larger intercooler.

If you started with a 130, about 180 is the limit before requiring the same parts.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

Remember when you change the injectors you need to get it custom mapped before starting it, there have been some nasty experiences with people fitting 130 or

160 injectors.
Reply to
Depresion

My, that's a lot of injectors - 160 is 40 per cylinder! Where on earth would you put them all? :P

Reply to
AstraVanMan

They are VERY small. The hard part is finding the 1/2 injectors needed for 130.

Reply to
Depresion

900bhp RST lump

C20LET

Rover V8

Supercharged PSA Mi16

RR Merlin

Pratt&Whitney J52

All are no doubt within your technical expertise.

Douglas

Reply to
douggie

->

->>>> After the 140 chip on a 110, you need larger (130) injectors, followed by a

->>>> larger turbo and larger intercooler.

->>>

->>> Remember when you change the injectors you need to get it custom mapped

->>> before starting it, there have been some nasty experiences with people

->>> fitting 130 or 160 injectors.

->>

->> My, that's a lot of injectors - 160 is 40 per cylinder! Where on earth would

->> you put them all? :P

->

->They are VERY small. The hard part is finding the 1/2 injectors needed for

130.

->

I think you'll find the 130 was a 5-Cyl ;-)

For my .2p I would not go much further then a chip, the idea of the oil burner was to get good MPG was it not ?

Reply to
Geoff

surely you mean 90 bhp?

um not a hope in hell

economy

leave that for a 205

maybe it might just fit in the boot

see above

um some yes other no

its staying vag and derv :) been looking into it a bit :) have a butchers

Rob

Not in the one I had it wasn't.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

->> ->They are VERY small. The hard part is finding the 1/2 injectors needed

->> for

->> 130.

->> ->

->>

->> I think you'll find the 130 was a 5-Cyl ;-)

->>

->

->

->Not in the one I had it wasn't.

->

Well I'm not going to explain it to you...................

Reply to
Geoff

The joke was that 130 divides by 5 but not by 4 without having a half or a remainder but you knew that.

Reply to
Depresion

Rightttttttttttttt

Sorry - but I don't normally laugh at jokes that need explaining... ;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Considering they come 132bhp standard, I doubt it. I've seen them 200bhp before. Not quite 900, but a quick and a f*ck off 90.

Vauxhall? Pah. Shite.

Who gives a f*ck.

I can't remember Audi making a 205 :o)

Indeed. Ignore my comments above, they are valid, but they won't help you either. It's a diesel. PDI engines are good, but gets something that's common rail.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

jabbasport, everytime. if it's a PD130 you'll get a reliable 190BHP out of it with an airfilter and a jabba remap. If a PD100 then around 140BHP. check out

for the skoda enthusiast communitiy - loads of them have been running these for years without any problems at all.

ric

Reply to
Ric

Not from the 130 but since Ian left Jabba's rollers have been rather "optimistic".

Reply to
Depresion

A mate just got his Seat Altea 105bhp 1.9tdi done, a re-map and panel filter =185bhp and 252lbf-ft, pictures availabile on request :-)

Reply to
ThePunisher

ThePunisher

Sounds a bit optimistic for a 105 on stock injectors and turbo. Where was it run?

Reply to
Depresion