Tempted to go look :o(

There happens to be a rather temptin car for sale near me at the moment..

Integra Type R R Reg 1998 UK Car Championship White Tax n Test Full Honda Service History MINT Condition

MODS Jackson Racing Supercharger AEM Plug N Play ECU Custom Made Exhust De Cat AEM Cam Pulleys Performance Leads n Plugs Lowered

17 inch TSW Wheels Boost n Oil gauges

Right abit about the car its got 126k on the clock BUT its had a JDM engine fitted which is now at 66K reason for the engine swap was because a back street garage fitted a cam belt n a couple of days later the tensioner came loose causing alot of damage so instead of rebuilding a already high mileage engine a JDM unit was fitted all paperwork suppied with car to back this up. All engine work was done by Jakan and appox £5k has been spent but it needs to go.

It's either going to be a minter, if all this is to be belived, or a thrahsed and near death shed...

Might be worth a look.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Hello,

Probably thrashed to hell and back and owned by a boy racer. The owner can't have a full Honda service history or think much of his car if he took it to a backstreet garage! Which "engine" was the history for? That garage should have paid for the work on the engine IF they caused damage, so I would question the real reason for the replacement engine. Check the numbers closely making sure plates haven't been welded in, then go to your local Honda garage and see if they can help you identify which car it really is. Personally I wouldn't touch it. As soon as you mentioned "lowered" (suspension geometry out), performance leads (boy racer term for nice colour/extra 30BHP), Custom made exhaust (oh dear) and supercharger! Walk away and find a good unbutchered example that has a true service history and the right engine.

Reply to
PK

I would normally agree. The presence of the jackson racing unit kind of puts it out of the league of most "boy racers" they are circa 2k to buy before you even think about fitting it.

It_will_be_quick it's just the debious history/possibility it's been hammered and not looked after that puts me off.

Reply to
Mason

UPDATE.

The history appears to be for the new engine. All the tuning work has been carried out by a reputable company.

Reply to
Mason

With respect, it depends on who made it. Not all custom exhausts are boy racer quad exit cut-and-shuts.

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

I was going to post simliar, with respect to this car the rest of the modifications are of a serious nature and suggest that the owner will have had a decent exhaust put on.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Nothing wrong with that, as long as it's been properly maintained.

The VTec lumps are *designed* to be revved - I'd be more worried if it hadn't been regularly stretched.

Er, you think a "boy racer" can afford to buy and run a Supercharged Integra R ?

LMAO !

You numpty.

You're actually advocating using a main dealer ?

Are you faulty ?

I think that counts in it's favour ?

Er, are you under the impression that an Integra's suspension geometry is none-adjustable ?

Who cares, they're free with the car !

Er, what ?

I you somehow suggesting that a last-a-lifetime stainless exhaust is a bad idea ?

Er, what ?

Are you somehow suggesting that forced-induction is a bad idea ?

VTec without a blower, makes a nasty combination !

Why ?

Reply to
Nom

Well go and look then, if you're interested. It'll either be good, or a sack of shit :)

Reply to
Nom

I'm trying to sort out a time with thegy nw :o)

also have no_idea of what he's asking.

Reply to
Mason

How much are they asking for it?

Reply to
JackH

*sighs*

I'm trying to sort out a time with the guy now...

*sigh*
Reply to
Mason

Don't know unfortunately.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

*boggle*

Have you heard this car is available by word of mouth, or have you become aware of by way of an advert?

If the latter... I hate people like this, who won't name their price, and it's almost certainly an indication they will take the piss, when they do finally reveal it to you.

Good luck, anyway - sounds like if it's all it says it is, it'll be a bit mental! :-)

Reply to
JackH

Word of mouth. The chap I spoke to wasn't sure.

Reply to
Mason

You forgot to mention the barry boys site.

Reply to
DanTXD

To be fair, it has probably been looked after, because someone has spent a bollock load of money on it...

Reply to
DanTXD

:o) it sounds promising agreed, the chap who told me it was for sale is a good mate too and really into his japcrap (intsert emoticon to indicate humour).

He wouldn't have bothered telling me if it was a total lemon. I think he'd have had it except his Mrs just had a baby.

Reply to
Mason

sounds good go check it out! had one of these on my tail at some traffic lights on the weekend, he was keeping up with me just, i had the slight extra power :) was cool though there faster than i thought, super charged ones must bloody fly!

Reply to
Vamp

Even if it doesnt flay imagine the fun of a nice revvy Vtec *and* the satisfaction of permanent boost :o)

shit I was supposed to be talking myself out of it :o(

Mason

Reply to
Mason

The trick is to press the buttony things one after the other, rather than all at the same time :D

Reply to
Albert T Cone