That's my holiday booked then...

Nurburgring, in the Vee, leaving 6th September...

Reply to
Iridium

Retro Ford has an article about a V8 Capper with a 4.5l TVR motor in that did the ring not long ago.

Apparently it decimated all despite spending half its time sideways.

OK, so it was an ex competition car driven by a very talented albeit fat middle aged balding CTC and 24hr endurance driver, Sean Lockyear, but it was up against exotica being driven by race drivers.

Reply to
Conor

I should be there in May.

In the Rangie.

Which is finally getting some garage time on Friday, so should be alive by Sunday at the latest. I'm insanely excited to be having it back, it's not been useable since August, ffs. Good thing is, it's going into our newly aquired workshop so I'll have a good chance to set the bloody thing up properly once and for all, it's the first time I've had a chance to do some proper diagnostics on it so there's a small possibility that I'll be able to make the torque curve a bit less sudden and hopefully the replacement box might have a bit more of a chance of survival. Last one lasted 106k miles, but I just know I'm going to have to find a stronger 'box that I can make fit. The GM job that Bentley use in the Turbo R is a candidate, if it's based on the old GM 400 box there's a good chance.

Why do I get the feeling I'm going to end up doing something really silly to the ol' bus? I'm thinking 400 bhp must be possible provided the Rover lump can take it with this much load.

Reply to
Pete M

Duuude!

Well done.

I am half planning a trip to Pikes Peak Hillclimb in July. I quite fancy hiring a muscle car while I'm there too.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Just check if you have the correct date.

Elder

March 30th 2057. Considering the doctors thought it would be about 9 years ago, I'd call that a result.

Reply to
Iridium

just shows that shit don't work lol

Reply to