the modding has begun

For a few reasons.

The interior will still be basic compared with a proper one. An engine swap is _loads_ more hassle than flogging a car and buying a new one. It'll still be a s**te old Cavalier.

Reply to
SteveH

Well obviously...

You can pick up a mint SRi on an M with MOT these days, for around £500.

The relatively higher insurance drags them down to your level, so to speak, price wise - you say this isn't a consideration for you, due to you using a traders policy - are you the main driver, or a named driver btw?

ROTFL... 'the hassle'.

Given the context to which you're applying that little gem, you're talking s**te... again.

Nice one. *thumbs up*

Reply to
JackH

How much does that set you back?

Reply to
DanTXD

Heeehee, Rob, you told use the fecking roof on the Chavalier is rotten ;)

(I know. It's a common problem. As are rear suspension mounts, front wishbones, rear arches...).

£95? You could buy another Pikey Cavalier for that, dude.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Do tell. Do they cover imports?

You're very lucky, having time you consider free. Personally, if I don't make money, or actually have fun (instead of working) with every waking hour, I get ratty about it. At the very least I justify time working on the car as money not spent getting someone else onto it.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

My Supra is bought and paid for, and I bet that despite being a sluggish auto, it's a hell of a lot more fun and quicker than a Cavvy.

*grin*

Anyone want a Sera for a grand, btw? Not my messy one; I know of a nice wine-red manual in Midlothian. No less than a grand mind, he's asking £1200 for it. Bargain IMO.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Is that all?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I'm obviously in the wrong job, then. Should be driving a van.

Reply to
SteveH

dan the traders policy is an arm and a legwith no tmuch change from 800 quid a year, although that covers me and my one employee(the wife) so its not all bad,

as for the rest of you orrible lot, just to rub it in i'm away out now to give the cavvy a good old wash and polish and then to the scrappies to pic up a gsi front bumper :)

oh btw the interior isnt too bad its rip free recaros in a nice mixture of red and black, one of the very few plus points with it being a motorsport:)

Reply to
Rob

Open policy?

why bother with the shitbox you've brought then?

Reply to
Mason

Rub it in??? See below...

...'you can't polish a turd'...

/looks outside his window, looks at his Mk4 Golf TDi, and his E39 5 series, both of which are owned outright, no finance, and laments on how badly off he is by comparison.

All hail the mighty Rob - it must be difficult not crash, what with all that shit in your eyes, obscuring your vision.

HTH

Reply to
JackH

There is no big deals, just a few pricks in a newsgroup who think they know how to run everyone elses life better than they do.

I know which I'm pointing and laughing at, and it's not you :)

Reply to
LordyUK

But last I heard you had an E36..... so the joke's on you.

Reply to
SteveH

I made that mistake too :) That was a different Lordy, hence why ours is now LordyUK...

Reply to
DanTXD

Yes, I know all about traders policies, thanks.

Especially the bit where they insist you declare any vehicle that is actually yours, and not just 'stock' - these vehicles, they tend to be interested in the actual spec, mods etc.

They also tend to want to know exactly what you've bought and sold, over the preceding months.

Reply to
JackH

When I looked into a trader policy that was certasinly the case.

They also asked for details of how and why I was in the "trade" what I did and when and it did not cover imports (the whole reason I wanted one)

Basically when I was young(er) and (more) stupid I had oddles of spare cash (no mortage etc) and was trying to find a ways of insuring cars I actualy wanted.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Oh good god, be sure to post the pictures on

either after finishing or crashing it because you have messed up the handling and made it unsafe. Why on earth you're going to fit second hand and untested components is beyond me. You must like taking a risk with your own life and that of other road users, even pedestrians. The best components for a car are usually the ones it left the factory with for the specification provided. Why not just buy a better car with all the money you're wasting? So all you have done, which you class as "modifying" is removed the badges so others will not laugh at the engine size, hoovered it out, washed it, put a stereo and speakers back in again, changed the exhaust and removed the catalytic convertor. Do you realise that it WILL NOT be any faster than it was before you started? It might actually be slower and the ride will be absolutely terrible - bumping up and down all the time. You will certainly not mess with another car after doing it once! Wait until you're going around a corner and you can't steer properly due to oversized wheels and lowered suspension causing the tyres to rub on the bodywork - then hitting a bump. You will be out of control in seconds and your insurance will be void. I have seen it all before, boy racers/complete idiots altering their cars - they usually have to be scraped up from the road. They never learn. Each to their own, if it's what makes you happy then great.

"Rob" wrote in message news:YUCRd.1105$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-win.ntli.net...

Reply to
RT4T

Hello,

If you're in a "good job" with a "top company" they must be paying you rubbish money if you're only able to pay a few hundred for a scrap cavalier and buy second hand parts for it! I take it you're not in a very good position within the company or you would have no trouble getting a nice new car without finance. Always read your messages before posting or you will keep tripping yourself up!

Reply to
RT4T

Please just f*ck off.

Douglas