The upgrading continues.

I had one of them but I meant my WRX.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Um. Yes.

Agreed. I didn't say otherwise !

Tapes dont hold as much audio information as CDs. They are the inferior format. The end.

A CD is a damnsight better at approximating the original sound, than a tape is with it's complete lack of any sort of high-frequency response :)

Reply to
Nom

Ah.

Reply to
Nom

:o) does kinda make sense doesn't it.

Reply to
Mason

He's an aussie :)

Reply to
DanTXD

I thought tapes held lots more data than CDs, although they are prone to letting it get distorted a lot more readily.

Reply to
Questions

in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, snipped-for-privacy@quickwatchsales.com slurred :

Depends what you mean by information. The response of tapes is poor at high frequencies (>12KHz - very high treble; most people wouldn't notice if it was missing) compared to CD (22 Khz), which is what I think nom was talking about.

On the other hand, the signal used by the CD player is quantised into finite size steps (65536 between min and max), whereas the tape is analogue, and has an infinite number of step between min & max. In that sense, tape has literally infinitely more information than CD.

Tapes do have several distortion mechanisms, whereas CD only has a few minor ones, and in reality there is no doubt that CD is a higher fidelity reproduction than tape.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Yep. I am constantly translating in my head. I didn't know what the hell a Chav was 6 months ago. We have same cars here with different model names. A lot of the Jap stuff is similar.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com, "Nom" slurred :

That, right there! That's you, being wrong. You've obviously got so used to it, you don't even know when you are doing it.

The exquisite turds of an anal artiste.

...or you want nimble handling, reasonable running costs and decent performance from a moderate engine.

Yeah, but I like the i-Vt, which has 150BHp.

But they each weigh several metric fuckloads more, cost twice as much to run and aren't any more fun to chuck about.

..lenty when you weigh in at under a ton.

Yeah, but we've already established that you are wrong :) When I grow up, I am going to get a VX220 turbo.

Yup :)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Have a nice day !