The Splurging continues.

Just ordered some bits from the US (935motorsports.com). Whiteline Handling Pack - ST185 - GT4 Club (adjustable rear ARB, and most of the bushes needed for the car) Exhaust Depot 2.5" Stainless Downpipe And from Japan (takakaira.co.jp) Cusco Type ST Front Strut brace.

I'm going to leave struts and springs for the moment, and see how that little lot tightens up any age related creaks, rattles and rolls.

I think I will need to add a Cusco lower front brace to totally tighten everything up, but what I've ordered so far should help.

I guess after nearly 15 years, the original CAT must be totally colapsed by now, if the state of the Lambda that I replaced was anything to go by.

And this weekend, I get the joy of changing the thermostat, with the associated swinging the Alternator out of the way, and maybe even having to drop the aircon pump out of the way too. Should be a 10 minute job + refill+bleed, but I reckon I'm looking at a couple of hours to do right.

Going to change the coolant and rad hoses (for some nice blue Samco ones) at the same time as I don't fancy the chances of my old hoses sealing 100% as it has been so long since they were last moved I reckon.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

"Sleeker GT Phwoar" wrote

-snip splurgage-

Good work, you Toyota boys Carl and Vamp both appear to be making really sensible, worthwhile mods.

Vamp's come a long way since asking about neons for a ropey old Cav :D

BTW IIRC you modding your Skodas ages ago. I was in Czech over New Year and saw plenty of modded Skodas and a few Tatras too. Remember that souped up old skoda with the tigercloth interior? Well that shit is all the rage over there! I even saw a zebra striped Citroen 2CV !!

Reply to
fishman

Yep, doing handling stuff, or just replacing older worn out crap with slightly uprated stuff ATM.

Strangely, he's now a F'nF ricer and hasn't mentioned them. Done properly they would actually look quite nice on a Black MR2

Still into them, but sidetracked by Saabs and Jap performance coupes. Yep, they tend to allow taste to get sidetracked by what they can get their hands on in CZ.

UK Skoda and Trabant modders tend to go more with either Motorsport, modernisation or Cal-look styles, slightly less in your face.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Red ones :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Yep, but I'm getting a little carried away though. Having seen the price of Tein and DMR coilovers (arround about =A31300),=20 and that I can JIC's from the states for about $1700 shipped, I've=20 enquired to Leda to see if they do any shock/spring/coilover kits for=20 the GT4. This could start to get pricey. Maybe I'll settle for the=20 standard approach of KYB replacment shocks and Eibach springs.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yep, but I'm getting a little carried away though. Having seen the price of Tein and DMR coilovers (arround about £1300), and that I can JIC's from the states for about $1700 shipped, I've enquired to Leda to see if they do any shock/spring/coilover kits for the GT4. This could start to get pricey. Maybe I'll settle for the standard approach of KYB replacment shocks and Eibach springs.

Reply to
Vamp

black MR2 red neons is kinda bling but i just get images of s**te old escorts and clios down my way when i think bout neons. they've ruined the idea of neons for me forever :(

Reply to
Vamp

if you got them, keep them and use them. no point in selling them now, and paying more for them later.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

true but knowing me they'll sit there for years lol

i am considering calling tein and asking for the cost of rebuilding them, get them as good as new that way. probably costs as much as a new set i reckon.

Reply to
Vamp

Dount it mate. Although, they may sell you a rebuild kit that any decent mechanic could have a bash at.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

i don't doubt or dount it! there rebuilding service place is shown in the current banzai mag :)

Reply to
Vamp

Oh, well in that case, find out. Shouldn't be anywhere near the price of a new set, or even the difference between a new set and your second hand set.

Most likley, they swap out the damper cartridges, and supply new springs+any eye bushes/dust seals they need.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

You've paid for em now - slap em on there !

Reply to
Nom