To the moon!

I got a new toy, after the Mercedes 200 silliness.

It's dark blue, has leather seats, and goes like a mild odour, rather than outright stink, but is still great fun to drive. And the multi mode suspension works - USA wallow, German efficiency, and NO SUSPENSION AT ALL settings all seem to do as described. Of course there's no reason to move from the normal setting, but the soft one does absorb bumps well.

Problems - heater either cooks you or freezes you, there's a pump noise from somewhere, and the warning light for D3 seems to say ABS on it.

Oh yeah, and it's in my signature.

My gf's 2.3 Scorpio is faster. Bah!

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

12 or 24 valves?

I once looked at (and took a quick test drive of) a 3.0CDX Carlton Estate (12v) - gutless rusty heap o' shit. Well, the rusty heap of shit bit was more unique to that car, especially annoying as it said "Pristine inside and out" in the advert, but the gutless bit was a bit disappointing. I'm sure it would have been more responsive on the motorway, but it felt immensely slower than my 2 litre manual around town / off the line.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I had a 24v Senator last year... It didn't just go like stink, I could scare the other occupants with the vast braking power it had as well.

A lovely car, only marred by the mild on off surging it seemed to like doing when you were accelerating at a moderate rate - made me feel a bit seasick, tbh.

And it cost a bargain £400 at auction.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Bah - how is the Sera going ?

Reply to
Nom

Seems to be a lamba sensor, that one.

Mine's a 12v, and it's quick enough, but not quick. Arches are a little rusty and there's a pump-sounding noise coming from under the dash on the passenger side.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

It's apparently going now. However, the latest bill will be distressing.

Anyone want to buy a Sera? 16" Alloys, rebuilt engine (new seals, shells, pump, gaskets, rings, belts, thermostat), new Toyota radiator, will have good front suspension, still debating the rear but that's easily sorted... stainless exhaust, new headlights, A/C was working when it went into the garage but now I'll have to check... Kenwood Rad/Cass/CD changer, Category 1 Alarm etc...

I need to get £3,000 for it now :(

Richard (would take something in p/x - MR2 perhaps).

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

My mate is probably going to be selling his MR2 soon. Thing is, it's an 03 plater, with the later 2003 spec, that being the chain driven engine,

6-speed box etc., and he wants around the £16k mark on a part-ex.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Ah... oh well, it served a purpose and I didn't lose on it when I sold it on, bar the phenominal costs of fuel if it was run round town.

Pump sound?

Has it got ABS?

Reply to
JackH

Kinda defeats the purpose, really ;)

My next 'new' car is likely to be an MX-5. Though I'm considering just finding the best 24v Senator I can, and having an X1/9, Spitfire, TR7 DHC or similar hilariously bad sportscar.

What I really want is a Monza. If a Monza auto handles like my Senator does, I'll be very happy. Wonder if they ever had the active suspension

- or if it could be fitted.

(From wallowy US-style barge capable of eating speedhumps to rigid sports saloon at the flick of a switch. I'm much quicker in it than I am in Siani's Scorpio, despite the Scorpio's newer suspension, 16" wheels, low profile tyres and bone-jarring suspension).

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

monza's arent renowned for handling, but ive never driven one so i dont know, if you get one and drop the 24v lump in it I expect that could be a lorra fun.

Reply to
Theo

A mates just created his very own TR7 V8. Very amusing, yet strangely appealing!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I'm very tempted by the idea of zooming around lanes in an old MX-5, though I may end up getting something like an Nova / 205 as I'm going to join a motor club and start doing scatters / road rallys.

Reply to
Doki

good man!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

A Monza is a truly enjoyable thing - at least it was 16 years ago when I had mine.....

They were rare then, even more so now. P.S. I take it you missed the 24V Monza on ebay last week ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Heh! For a while he's been joking about taking it to a dealership with a view to buying something around the £5k mark, and asking for a part-ex price on it!!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

damn.