New Toy Arrived!

This is my new toy. Its a 1996 300tdi 90.

Its got an external / internal roll cage - just in case, uprated suspension, snorkel and breather pipes, an immobilizer and a removable steering wheel. Its also got front and rear maxi drive locking diffs, and associated halfshafts etc. Has anyone got any experience with these?

It looks nice and it drives so so so much better to my old 200tdi. The clutch is better, as is the gearbox and the engine pulls like a train!

Well pleased.

Its also got some timing thing on the passenger side dash. Ive been told its something to do with mushroom map reading??

Ive got no use for it, so i might put it on ebay. Do you think anyone will want it?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Looks a beauty. Have fun :-))

Reply to
Graham Bowers

It's odd that it's got all that, but no winch. Looks like it's a nice one though, hope you don't whang it into a tree on your first off-road trip ;-)

Has it got an uprated engine? I thought 200TDi wasn't really any worse than 300TDi?

??!? Mushroom map reading?

Well, if they've got a map of mushrooms that needs reading!

BTW don't forget to update sig ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I had a winch on it, and a roof rack, as i found this pic of it on the The Solihull to Gaydon run on the 2nd May 2004

Its got 2 batteries, and an on dash split charge led thingy with an uprated alternator etc.

The 'mushroom' thing has terratrip on it, and from a quick google, its got something to do with rallying?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Not sure - I recon its got a bigger turbo on it.

Its got a lot of history with it, and i mean book loads, so i will sift though it and see if i can find anything out.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

You might recoup some of the cost by offering the number plate to Leeds Grammar School.

Nice one.

Reply to
Rich B

Nice land rover. I've got to ask what the galvanised bucket is about though. It's one of the few things I don't carry in the back of my 90; should I have one? :O)

Anyway, enjoy!

Cheers,

McBad

Ive got to mix some muck up to set the washing line in tomorrow morning, so ive borrowed it, as SWMBO wont let me mix it on the patio ;)

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

When I saw the reg I immediately thought of our Nige. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

TBH if I had that truck, I'd remove all the stuff on it like A-bar and spots, snorkel, stickers, metal radiator cover and the alloys then get a white hard-top (inc side panels) and some mud terrains and just enjoy it like that, with the diff locks and the short wheelbase it'll be fairly formidable off-road. A nice "clean" look without all the fussy stuff would do it justice, none of this layering on of accessories to spoil the simplicity of the truck.

Depends I suppose on whether you want to lane it or take it to winch trials!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I like it just the way it is :)

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

OK then give it to me!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Mark Solesbury uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Me too, it is what it is... :-)

Nice!

Lee D

Reply to