Top Gear

Need to mention the Camper van...

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

Nope. He missed the ' in wouldn't. Not exactly spelling - but close enough :)

------------------------------------------------ "We are all individuals" "I'm not!"

Reply to
Carl Smith

Yeah yeah, shut up, fuckbollock. :-)

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in it's lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Heh - I could have replied with "it wouldn't be a post by you if it had proper punctuation either." :-)

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in it's lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

lol ummm yeah? 944's are not shit they are quick and handle well, 924's are slow but still handle well and are fun, 928's are fast and handle well, but all those examples are wanked, and knowing top gear mentality they chose wanked ones, I've got a pair of 924's here, allthough one is looking a bit ropey the other is lovely and very reliable.

Reply to
Theo

"Ronny" wrote

Er Omegas are German... apart from the griffin badgework

Reply to
fishman

in news: snipped-for-privacy@news1.newsguy.com, "Nom" slurred :

Arse. I thought that the coupe came out in '00, but I was thinking bollocks. So, Dan, you were wrong on every specific :)

Far too many smilys....

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Missing, well loved family pet. Large shaggy, Raccoon dog. Prefers large cars, no I said LARGE. Answers to the name Tanuki :( Last seen as a passenger in a black helicopter.....

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Wanky skinny space saver over full size alloy? Which one do you think is cheaper? Thats tight in my book.

You've never had a puncture?

Hmm, I'd still rather have a proper spare.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

nice engine I must say, very smooth

Reply to
Theo

But the space saver is better !

It just sits in the boot, being carted around, for almost it's entire life. The smaller and lighter it is, the better. As Tim said, they're usually specifically designed to last for a very long time too.

I have two, right now. One is a nail in the front passenger side, and one looks like some sorta large staple (?) in the rear passenger side.

I have to stick about 5psi in every weekend. If they get worse, I'll get the tyres fixed or replaced - but they've been fine for the past few months.

I live in the middle of nowhere, and do lots of driving to/from farms and on random country lanes - I've pretty much ALWAYS got a puncture !

I've never had one that I couldn't pump up at the local garage though, to get me to a tyre place - you'd need to have some sort of blowout surely, for it to lose all the air overnight ??

Quickest one I had was last year, and it dropped 20psi every two days - which just meant I had to stop at the garage to put some air in, on the way to work each day. Got it fixed after about a week, cos doing that was a pain in the arse !

Even though it's a heavy weight that you have to continually carry around, and it takes up a *LOT* of boot space ? In my ten years of driving, I've never used a spare wheel.

(runs off to touch some wood, quick !) :)

Reply to
Nom

Maybe they are made in Germany?, I don't know, but the parts used are Vauxhall, hence why they rusted, and he looked after his Omega like it was a baby, very much how I look after my cars, when I say German car I mean from the VAG group. Shut the door on an Audi/VW and it feels good, all the lines match up perfect, Audi's have 2 stage opening so you can shut the door against the spring, I've not seen many cars that can do this.

I used to work for Lexus/Toyota and they maybe really reliable cars etc but they are not made like a German car, interior's are not as well built, specially when I was fitting sat nav in 5.0 Amazon's.

Lexus are on par quality wise but you pay a premium to own a Lexus the same I suppose you would on Audi/VW/Merc/BMW.

It's an age old argument but I feel Ford/Vauxhall cars are perfect for there market, company cars etc, but when it comes to owning my own car, German designed/built cars are the way forward.

Since the war Germans have been concentrating on moving forward where as we have been looking back.

Reply to
Ronny

Er, yes.

So you agree that they WERE s**te then ?

:)

Reply to
Nom

And Dave Baker, and Burgerman, and Lordy, and everyone else with a clue.

They've been scared off by all the numpties :(

Reply to
Nom

It's missing it's Turbos though.

Imagine it in 280bhp twin-turbo guise...

Reply to
Nom

As does the incorrect use of the apostrophe in your tag...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Vauxhall, hence why they

after my cars, when

feels good, all the

against the spring,

they are not made like

sat nav in 5.0

My MR2 is great! when i took the dash apart for the radio it was a bit of a pain but not to hard. interior feels nice and well built to me. the best bit is the wires at the back, all properly channeled and everything! unlike my friends escort which was all gaffa tape shit

suppose you would on

market, company cars

the way forward.

have been looking

Reply to
Vamp

My spare only just fits in the boot space (it does actually cause a bulge in the floor anyway.)

Looks like a steel jobby the same size, but it is actually narrower tread, weighs a lot less, and when you thrash the car about at "normal" speeds it gets really, really hot (ask me how I found out, go on, you know you want to...)

It's not ideal for me. I usually change the spare for a "part worn" if I get a pair getting to limits on front or rear, then I can just get one new tyre to match the less worn one, then buy two new when I then have a flat, or whatnot. Can't do that with a different rim really.

Reply to
Questions

Yup. Corrected :-)

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Is the plural of penis penii?

Richard